Can you get a good computer for under $500?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look, I can come down to $449 because of Covid, but thats it. Cash only
with all due respect, I don’t buy used or refurbished computers. You don’t know how many times people have sat their nude using the computer, how many times they put their fingers in their arse and then typed away. I buy new only, no bullshit used or refurbished..

anyone who buys used or refurbished know that someone else used your computer nude and/or picked their arse and typed away

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
with all due respect, I don’t buy used or refurbished computers. You don’t know how many times people have sat their nude using the computer, how many times they put their fingers in their arse and then typed away. I buy new only, no bullshit used or refurbished..

anyone who buys used or refurbished know that someone else used your computer nude and/or picked their arse and typed away
Boosty I notice a theme in your posts always results in someone engaging with their own arse before touching something. Are you sure you're ok my brother?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never buy a second hand computer, hard drives don't last, capacitors leak, things slows up etc.
hp are a good cheap new job.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never buy a second hand computer, hard drives don't last, capacitors leak, things slows up etc.
hp are a good cheap new job.
not to mention the battery’s in old laptops are no good. They are throw away items, anyone who buys used / refurbished thinks they did good but they are no good

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good old Harvey Norman or Domayne then pay later

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought myself a 11th gen intel Celery dual core with touch screen and 4gb ram for $187 drive away brand spanking new.. something like 3.4ghz on turbo

it would blast away laptops from a few years ago that people paid $3-4k.

if I start from a google screen and run www.the kennel…. It loads up in a fraction of a second. Why spend a few extra thousand to maybe beat me by 1/100000th of a second? Ridiculous.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Look, I can come down to $449 because of Covid, but thats it. Cash only
For cash? Sure. Drive away. But you're. But I'm going to need to put it through rego which is an extra $200. And the computer inspector said that I have to replace the wheels so that's another $400. Plus the extra warranty... Let's say... 3 years for $2,000?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need big Wally from fairstar computers to come out of retirement.

I want your business ….. today..

he had mad deals back in the day

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For cash? Sure. Drive away. But you're. But I'm going to need to put it through rego which is an extra $200. And the computer inspector said that I have to replace the wheels so that's another $400. Plus the extra warranty... Let's say... 3 years for $2,000?
Look that was a special deal I was doing just for @Blue_boost but as long as you keep it just between us, I can throw in a slightly stained mouse pad. (just coffee n stuff, nothing funky..)

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look that was a special deal I was doing just for @Blue_boost but as long as you keep it just between us, I can throw in a slightly stained mouse pad. (just coffee n stuff, nothing funky..)
So is the deal exclusive to me or not?

I was taken back by the whole "because it's you " sales pitch

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me tell you bout my big computer setup..

intel celerion processor 4gb ram and 64gb drive. $187 drive away BRAND NEW

then went to office works and $7.50 wired keyboard and $4 wireless mouse.

all brand new

for $198.50 drive away I have a top computer setup. Blow anyone away with my computing power. And most important BRAND NEW

why spend $4000 on a ridiculous overspec thing that does nothing more, maybe loads up a webpage 1/10,000th of a second quicker?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Let me tell you bout my big computer setup..

intel celerion processor 4gb ram and 64gb drive. $187 drive away BRAND NEW

then went to office works and $7.50 wired keyboard and $4 wireless mouse.

all brand new

for $198.50 drive away I have a top computer setup. Blow anyone away with my computing power. And most important BRAND NEW

why spend $4000 on a ridiculous overspec thing that does nothing more, maybe loads up a webpage 1/10,000th of a second quicker?
What brand is this $4 wireless mouse? Gotta think a wireless mouse that cheap is going to last a few months max lol.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What brand is this $4 wireless mouse? Gotta think a wireless mouse that cheap is going to last a few months max lol.
J.burrow.. I think it’s a officeworks generic brand. Works fine. As good as any expensive mouse

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My $187 computer turned up and it's a delight. I was watching Netflix on it last night and laughing away. Beautiful computer.

I wouldn't have laughed if I'd spent $4000 on a computer to watch the same show.

my media centre is complete

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a beautiful media centre. I’m watching it today.. battery lasts 10+ hours too.