Can you be put back onside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jennings offside from a kick, comes within in 10m of play and close to where FatFita scored .. to BUNKER and ruled a try, since Jennings ruled not to have directly involved in the scoring (paraphrasing).
~c.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't read the SOO game 3 discussion, but I'm sure it's mentioned there too.
First set of the second half!
~c.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jennings offside from a kick, comes within in 10m of play and close to where FatFita scored .. to BUNKER and ruled a try, since Jennings ruled not to have directly involved in the scoring (paraphrasing).
~c.
Quite puzzling isn't it? Why can there be no consistency with this rule? I have seen a try taken from us in a club game for exactly the same type of play. I think there was even one this year, lol.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't we get a no try decision last week for the exact same scenario that was given a try in origin?

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waiting for the complaints from QLD .... so what is the rule that will be implemented this weekend and every other, NRL ? Mr. Archer ?
~c.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
QLD would be right to complain, I didn't see it as being different to the one we did last week, wasn't a try for us...... no clue how that one was.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Waiting for the complaints from QLD .... so what is the rule that will be implemented this weekend and every other, NRL ? Mr. Archer ?
~c.
Will he be a man and say that 'the bunker got it wrong' followed by a similar spiel he gave the other week when a wrong decision was made?

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will he be a man and say that 'the bunker got it wrong' followed by a similar spiel he gave the other week when a wrong decision was made?
Let's see .. but why are we having this conversation ..... everyone knows the rules.
However, the rules have become so 'greyed' in recent times to allow for 'interpretation' ... aka manipulation of the outcome.
~c.

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i know it used to be the case that when an offside player retreated behind the kicker of the ball that he was then placed onside, so this is what happened in the freak try tonight but the video referee missed it

if they changed the rule i havent heard of it
You can only be run onside by the kicker if the kick travels more than 10m forward. If it doesn't travel 10m you have to retreat behind where the ball was kicked first. Pretty sure the ball was kicked within 10m of the tryline so Rona could never be run onside.

If the kick travels further than 10m you can either be run onside by the kicker or have to stay 10m from where the ball lands

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You can definitely be run onside, but you have to be 10m from the ball until the kicker runs you onside.

Status
Not open for further replies.