Opinion Can we keep the Dragons scoreless and put 22pts on them today??

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All these jokes about us having a headstart and still losing to the Dragqueens are sad but probably true

This is why the SJ signing excites me - because we'll have an attacking spine and be able to finally score some points.

I was in Kmart yesterday and I saw a father and son. The father was in a Dogs jersey and his son was wearing an Eels jersey so I asked the dad why his son was an Eels fan. He told me his son used to be a Dogs fan but then he "switched" to the Eels because we're so boring to watch and we couldn't score points. Also all of his friends at school have done the same. I have heard this same depressing story too many times since 2016.

I can't imagine switching clubs as an adult (unlike some people @BEAST MODE) but it's disappointing to think about how many kids have we lost over the last few years all because of our pathetic attack

Dufty will probably annihilate us tomorrow but hopefully we can put on a few points

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All these jokes about us having a headstart and still losing to the Dragqueens are sad but probably true

This is why the SJ signing excites me - because we'll have an attacking spine and be able to finally score some points.

I was in Kmart yesterday and I saw a father and son. The father was in a Dogs jersey and his son was wearing an Eels jersey so I asked the dad why his son was an Eels fan. He told me his son used to be a Dogs fan but then he "switched" to the Eels because we're so boring to watch and we couldn't score points. Also all of his friends at school have done the same. I have heard this same depressing story too many times since 2016.

I can't imagine switching clubs as an adult (unlike some people @BEAST MODE) but it's disappointing to think about how many kids have we lost over the last few years all because of our pathetic attack

Dufty will probably annihilate us tomorrow but hopefully we can put on a few points
Just FYI, I support the new Brisbane Fire Chickens right now.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Exact same concern for me as well.
We are all diehards but dying out :grinning:

We are not re-generating or refreshing our fan base. There's less supporters coming through. There's no Terry Lamb or Turvey but next year we have Fox and Burto.

If we got SJ and Cheese, we would have a solid foundation to renew the club and good press (hopefully) happy sponsors and fans.

There's repercussions all round for being a loser club.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

My boy still loves the Dogs but loves watching Storm and Penrith. Penrith because he loves how Cleary plays and storm because he is a Cheese clone in build and playing style.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn’t realise the game is on monday either. Not worth watching anyway

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exact same concern for me as well.
We are all diehards but dying out :grinning:

We are not re-generating or refreshing our fan base. There's less supporters coming through. There's no Terry Lamb or Turvey but next year we have Fox and Burto.

If we got SJ and Cheese, we would have a solid foundation to renew the club and good press (hopefully) happy sponsors and fans.

There's repercussions all round for being a loser club.
My little nephew, who is 9, doesn't follow NRL at all but even he knows the Bulldogs suck because they always lose. He broke my heart when he said that. I was hoping to have him indoctrinated by now but we've been horsehsit for years that it wasn't possible

Next year I'm going to start taking him to games. If we start winning we can win him over. I think Burton can single-handedly save his soul

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
My little nephew, who is 9, doesn't follow NRL at all but even he knows the Bulldogs suck because they always lose. He broke my heart when he said that. I was hoping to have him indoctrinated by now but we've been horsehsit for years that it wasn't possible

Next year I'm going to start taking him to games. If we start winning we can win him over. I think Burton can single-handedly save his soul
Its bad as it sounds, we have had no fucking run of wins since 2012. We can’t win back to back anymore, every team is strong than ours,
It’s embarrassing, But I’ll always support them no matter what :upset:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Yes I hope Matt gets the support he needs to shine. He could be our saviour :grinning:

Same thing happening in our family.
4 generations but now the brainwashing, and loyalty, is waning. The kids aren't gonna support a losing team and be ridiculed at school by friends for supporting the Bulldogs.

So much depends on rebuilding the club.

Good on you for doing your bit.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Yeah and what will he do once Parra start winning spoons and we start winning again??

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah and what will he do once Parra start winning spoons and we start winning again??
Change back hopefully. Similarly we will see an up swing in optimism on TK :grinning: