Can someone explain Gould’s Fainu prison visit

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Serious question.

Phil Gould.

900,000 big ones per year, on the clock heads to the prison to visit convicted stabber (guilty of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm). This character has also been found guilty of filming sex acts without consent.

Manase Fainu’s highly towted younger brothers are on the market at the same time. Within 72 hours the Fainu brothers sign with the total shit show that is the Tigers.

What was the point of Goulds visit other than risk further humiliation upon the club and fans. The Fainu brothers snubbed us for the fucken Tigers after Goulds prison visit. The manouver already reeked of desperation and to come out of it empty handed must have us all feeling like who the fuck can we actually attract to the club?

Is Gus completely out of touch?

The Fainu prison visit is the biggest elephant in the room right now and we just can’t ignore it any further. Let’s talk about it.

Roscothebulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Serious question.

Phil Gould.

900,000 big ones per year, on the clock heads to the prison to visit convicted stabber (guilty of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm). This character has also been found guilty of filming sex acts without consent.

Manase Fainu’s highly towted younger brothers are on the market at the same time. Within 72 hours the Fainu brothers sign with the total shit show that is the Tigers.

What was the point of Goulds visit other than risk further humiliation upon the club and fans. The Fainu brothers snubbed us for the fucken Tigers after Goulds prison visit. The manouver already reeked of desperation and to come out of it empty handed must have us all feeling like who the fuck can we actually attract to the club?

The Fainu prison visit is the biggest elephant in the room right now and we just can’t ignore it any further. Let’s talk about it.
Is that you Buzz?

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Serious question.

Phil Gould.

Who can we actually attract?
Addo-Carr, Burton, Mahoney, Kikau, Crichton, Xerri?

Bulldog Bloke

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Serious question.

Phil Gould.

Sure we could talk about that or we could talk about the enormous crap I just did, 3 , I repeat , 3 flushes for the dunny to subdue that ghastly brown soldier.
But the reality is that neither of these topics are what people want a thread about.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure we could talk about that or we could talk about the enormous crap I just did, 3 , I repeat , 3 flushes for the dunny to subdue that ghastly brown soldier.
But the reality is that neither of these topics are what people want a thread about.
Lay off the left over Mongolian beer Chinese and stop eating four and twenty travellers for breakfast u grub

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My mate was locked up with vonni, Gus was supposed to come see him but there was a lockdown and apparently he shit himself and canceled it, thohht he was getting set up as he sacked him when he got charged.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had interest in them - but The Tigers blew us out of the water . 4 year deals
On about 500k each a season . To big a risk as far as I am concerned

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doubt Gus will be going for a second visit now the 2 bros signed with the Tigers for overs.

Gus would have been interested but not at dumb Tigers pricing

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers are bulldogs 2.0… signing unproven players on big money hoping to find a gem. It’ll be a master stroke if it works but people will ignore the other 1000 players they signed on massive money and flopped! Aka joshy and mbye!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We had interest in them - but The Tigers blew us out of the water . 4 year deals
On about 500k each a season . To big a risk as far as I am concerned
There may be something at the tigers Gus is looking at, for all we know, he prob was aware Tigs interest in the brothers and his visit to the Prison spooked the Tigs prompting them into paying overs for these boys… could be a devised plan - i.e. Gus making a play for someone like Stefano… Shawn Blore goes ok too…

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus just clocking up some community service hours. Nothing to see here

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There may be something at the tigers Gus is looking at, for all we know, he prob was aware Tigs interest in the brothers and his visit to the Prison spooked the Tigs prompting them into paying overs for these boys… could be a devised plan - i.e. Gus making a play for someone like Stefano… Shawn Blore goes ok too…
I have a similar view - be seen as being linked to some players force the price up that clubs like tigers are willing to pay. Fainu bros signing by tigers may or may not be good but from what most iv spoken to have seen of them not worth that money atm and may never be. Irony is that over the lat two years all we hear from wt is about how ggood their juniors are coming through n just need some experience around them