Can Reed Mahoney make 150 missed tackles this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Between you and Nasheed this places is just flooded with shit threads and useless comments in others. Both of you are fucking annoying pissants.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How many Daly m points has Flanagan received over all in his entire nrl career and can you post his try assist for this year and tries ? And let’s compare the two.. reeds a legend. Flanno won’t be resigned and it makes sense ! Unfortunately he just doesn’t do anything for our team
Come back at me when Reed has more Dally M points than average missed tackles per game lol

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol Flanagan has no try assists or try’s this year.. fantasy points total for flanno 168 for 2023, 1 line break assist

Reed Mahoney 1 try, 2 forced drop outs , 3 try assists , 3 line break assists , 40/20s = 3, fantasy points 319

Harry grant is a bit better than Reed with 399 fantasy points

Jeremy Marshall king 215 fantasy points

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
So - if Munster had played 6 games - he'd have 33 too (adding his average). Shit player as well. Api is 4 behind at #4 -- -he's shit as well. Harry is #7 - rubbish as well.

Man - all these rubbish state of origin level players missing lots of tackles. Such a representative stat.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
91 per cent is a fantastoic tackle efficiency for a half.... 89 per cent is very poor tackle efficiency for a hooker. Reed was almost as bad last year as he has been this year. Stop making excuses for him...his defence is bush league.
Even old man Reynolds at the Bronco’s tackles at 93% and he’s 8 years older than young Flano.

Reed Mahoney 277 tackles made. 89.4%
Harry Grant 283 tackles made. 91.3%
Josh Hodgson 202 tackles made 87.1%
Api Korosau. 216 tackles made 88.2%
Mitch Kenny, 194 tackles made 92.8%

Just a few to give you an idea …

Reedy’s certainly one of the hardest working 9’s in the game, up there with Grant, get some big forwards back in there with him to help out & his percentage will rise.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Even old man Reynolds at the Bronco’s tackles at 93% and he’s 8 years older than young Flano.

Reed Mahoney 277 tackles made. 89.4%
Harry Grant 283 tackles made. 91.3%
Josh Hodgson 202 tackles made 87.1%
Api Korosau. 216 tackles made 88.2%
Mitch Kenny, 194 tackles made 92.8%

Just a few to give you an idea …

Reedy’s certainly one of the hardest working 9’s in the game, up there with Grant, get some big forwards back in there with him to help out & his percentage will rise.
Nice post mate, talking sense!

Son Of Dogzilla

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
JMK is the Dolphins starting hooker and has 5 missed tackles from 4 matches at an average of 1.25 per game, as opposed to reed's average of 5.50 a game...so not sure where you are pulling that assumption from. JMK is literally 4x the defensive player Reed is.

It's true I have pointed out Reed's defensive flaws before, but this is the first time I've produced stats to prove it. This post is new, exciting and fresh. You guys just won't acknbowledge it because you don't want to hear it.

I am not joking in any way, shape or form when I say we should have kept JMK over signing Reed.
How many 40/20 has JMK kicked?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come back at me when Reed has more Dally M points than average missed tackles per game lol
Come back at me and let me know how many chip kicks have been put through by JMK or Flano for Burton or others in the team to score from …

Can you also compare JMK’s kicking game stats to Reedy’s please.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings la familiars!

Is Reed Mahoney the worst defensive hooker in the competition? Statistics say yes.

Reed placed 4th for missed tackles in the comp last year (the most of any hooker). But turnstile's defensive efforts (or lack thereof) so far in 2023 are leaving last year's in the shade.

Reed has raced to the top of this year's leaderboard with an embarrassing 33 missed tackles from just 6 matches, placing him head and shoulders above his nearest competition of Josh Hodgson, Griffin Neame and Api Koroisau.

There's little doubt Reed is playing like a man with one eye on the record book this year....so could he break the fabled 150 barrier - becoming the first to do so since notorious shirt grabber James Maloney all the way back in 2018? I think he can. While he will have to increase his weekly average to get there, he did have a bit of a slow start this year. In the last two rounds he has made up for lost time, missing 15 tackles at an embarrassing average of 7.5 a game. If Reed can maintain this 7.5 average throughout the remaining 21 rounds of the season, he could not only break the 150 barrier, but could actually smash it to pieces, finishing somewhere in the vicinity of 175 missed tackles! That's unheard of in the NRL era!!

Let's all get behind Reed and hope he can maintain his bad form, permanently etching his name in the annals of NRL im ortal ty.

Oh yeah, we've bought ourselves a real special one here, baby!
Today’s society is a good example of what happens when you let the clowns run the circus.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see you are very well educated, with a very good writing style.
Probably a teachers pet at one stage.
Maybe tried your hand at journalism and it didn't succeed, hence the posts here.

Certainly well written. That's all I can say.
@Dogsville … I’ve always thought similar, credit where credits due, he does write well, I just don’t know about the journalism part, the way he writes & is able to twist the narrative to suit his agenda swings me towards more of a junior political content or speech writer ..

Yes possibly well educated, but knows Jack all about Nrl talent …

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can you create something this year, or even a 40 /20 kick anything?

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
JMK is the Dolphins starting hooker and has 5 missed tackles from 4 matches at an average of 1.25 per game, as opposed to reed's average of 5.50 a game...so not sure where you are pulling that assumption from. JMK is literally 4x the defensive player Reed is.

It's true I have pointed out Reed's defensive flaws before, but this is the first time I've produced stats to prove it. This post is new, exciting and fresh. You guys just won't acknbowledge it because you don't want to hear it.

I am not joking in any way, shape or form when I say we should have kept JMK over signing Reed.
If you can’t identify that Reed has a far superior all around game than JMK then you’re obviously at the same level as those that think Burton is either not a 5/8 and only a centre or just an average overrated and overpaid footballer.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Shane and Kylie to Drag queens, Ben Hunt to the Bulldogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.