News Cameron Munster to Test Open Market

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Phil Gould is also accredited player manager I'm not sure who he represents though

7 Aug 2020 "Gould notified the NRL on Friday morning that he had decided against pushing ahead with his application to join the ranks of player management.

Agent Gus to return to clubland
Nine Network commentator Phil Gould has turned his back on player management to return to clubland"

Always a Bulldog

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine if Redcliffe pay him $1.3M & he gets an ACL in the first minute of round 1.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bennett beat NSW with the worst QLD team I've ever seen on paper at the time. I think he's one of the best coaches in the NRL in regards to getting everything inside a player out of them. He's a very good man manager. The Dolphins have a bunch of rejects and old players on long term deals so it's going to be interesting to see how they go.
A 3 game series is a completely different kettle of fish to a 25 game season

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine if Redcliffe pay him $1.3M & he gets an ACL in the first minute of round 1.
I'm not convinced he would go to a new club who are bound to struggle for the first few years at least. He is in his prime, and one would think he wants more premierships.

I can very easily imagine him in a Roosters jumper, with them moving on Keary.

On a positive note, would Munster being managed by Anasta be good for us ?

I strongly disagree with the notion that Anasta hates the club .... quite the opposite actually.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What are people's thoughts on being both a media personality and player manager at the same time?

Something doesn't sit right with me about it, but I don't necessarily think there is any conflict of interest either.

I'm ok with it if their media role is that of a commentator.

The lines begin the blur when your on NRL Tree Siddy because you can push your agenda more subtly.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm ok with it if their media role is that of a commentator.

The lines begin the blur when your on NRL Tree Siddy because you can push your agenda more subtly.
Yeh it's a smart mo e by braith, he has a big advantage over other !anagers

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I said sign Munster ages ago but everyone was like "We HaVe BuRtOn"

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Still won’t lol and what position would he play anyway?
We have millions to spend, at least 2 marquees if we want to go down that path. Munster would play fullback or halfback obviously. Cleary's on 1.3m, it isn't crazy.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have millions to spend, at least 2 marquees if we want to go down that path. Munster would play fullback or halfback obviously. Cleary's on 1.3m, it isn't crazy.
Definitely not a fullback maybe halfback but yea not impossible though I can’t see it happening dare to dream.. he’s chasing that contract now not next year think that ship will sail

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Bellamy has already shown that without a team of stars all over the park he struggles to get a win. That's why Melbourne target only certain players when asking for a player loan from other clubs. (Who they consider to be Top line players)
Team of star is what he made them. Everyone forgets he didn't sign established stars but kids with potential and he makes them the best in the position. Easily the best coach of the last 20yrs. Don't necessarily like his coaching style buy can't doubt his results in winning but his success in development.

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Munster is 27 years old

He has won 2 premierships

He has won multiple SOO series including Wally Lewis medal

He is an Australian representative

He has done and achieved pretty much everything

Time to cash in on that $1.3m a season

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have our franchise player in Burton. Munster is never a chance for us.. (even though he would look awesome in our gear...)

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Testing the "open market" . . . Is that a new name for white powder ?