News Cameron Munster to Test Open Market

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It'd be hard to see him anywhere else but the Dolphins. Every other link and meeting his manager sets up will be designed to get as much as possible out of them.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I kind of hope Dolphins continue to struggle to sign elite players. Not that I want them to fail but to see just what sort of impact a ‘supercoach’ like Bennett can value add to a playing group. What does a Bennet or a Bellamy really add? They can do wonders with a team of stars, but what about with a team of battlers. It would be interesting I reckon.
Bellamy has already shown that without a team of stars all over the park he struggles to get a win. That's why Melbourne target only certain players when asking for a player loan from other clubs. (Who they consider to be Top line players)

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First of all a great player Munster no question(bit of a dickhead at least but that's not a big issue)but you guys are saying match the Pilchards offer of 1.3 x 4 years??
MADNESS!
I hate Mitchell with a passion but for at least 2 or 300k less I'd take him over Munny man.

Highly doubt Gus would go that high anyway.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
First of all a great player Munster no question(bit of a dickhead at least but that's not a big issue)but you guys are saying match the Pilchards offer of 1.3 x 4 years??
MADNESS!
I hate Mitchell with a passion but for at least 2 or 300k less I'd take him over Munny man.

Highly doubt Gus would go that high anyway.
You’re talking $100-$200k less tops not $300k when he comes to market with the new cap.

We paid $1 million for Foran.
we paid what to mbye?
Woods?
Etc.

$1.3 for the best in the comp on his day and proven? What’s a few hundred k at this point if we could land someone like Munster.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You’re talking $100-$200k less tops not $300k when he comes to market with the new cap.

We paid $1 million for Foran.
we paid what to mbye?
Woods?
Etc.

$1.3 for the best in the comp on his day and proven? What’s a few hundred k at this point if we could land someone like Munster.
If it happens I won't be upset of course not, he is a great player.
Still don't think Gus would be on board but if he is I'm IN.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he is Dolphins bound.

If he signed with another team for the same pay cheque and he or the team underperformed, questions would be raised about his worth etc.

Signs with dolphins and that automatically gets voided as they are a new team.

It's a win win for him. Huge pay and realistically doesn't need to put 100% in.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Munster= Premiership

I don't care if we break the bank for him. His on field leadership and competitiveness is on another level.

Play him Fullback or Halfback he'll get the job done.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm surprised Munster isn't seeking a longer deal than 4 years. At the end of that deal it's only downhill.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nects minut, chooks release a Butcher and have enough room in the cap to sign Munster AND Haas
Nah they are more sly than that. They’ll just medically retire Keary and Munsters wife will get an admin job paying $300k a year

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Will be surprised if he doesn't go to the Dolphins

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol we don’t have money for Munster you ***** are cracked

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are people's thoughts on being both a media personality and player manager at the same time?

Something doesn't sit right with me about it, but I don't necessarily think there is any conflict of interest either.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are people's thoughts on being both a media personality and player manager at the same time?

Something doesn't sit right with me about it, but I don't necessarily think there is any conflict of interest either.
Phil Gould is also accredited player manager I'm not sure who he represents though