Cameron Ciraldo

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Nah you’ve got it all wrong, and you have had it all wrong about Ciraldo from day one you are just struggling to come to terms with it. If you can’t see a winning culture being built in this side this year you’re fucking lost.
Of course I can see green shoots of a winning culture. We still need to be picking the best 7 tho and developing.
You got your trolling agenda happening yet again.

Not struggling to come to terms with Ciraldo starting to have success with the team. Extremely happy for him and the team and us supporters.

Give it up Maroon. Your misplaced outrage is silly.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course I can see green shoots of a winning culture. We still need to be picking the best 7 tho and developing.
You got your trolling agenda happening yet again.

Not struggling to come to terms with Ciraldo starting to have success with the team. Extremely happy for him and the team and us supporters.

Give it up Maroon. Your misplaced outrage is silly.
As per usual you are true to form, can’t find a constructive argument to validate your opinion-cal people trolls etc etc, we both know who has the rage issues Wendy.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
As per usual you are true to form, can’t find a constructive argument to validate your opinion-cal people trolls etc etc, we both know who has the rage issues Wendy.
Mate you have gone off half cocked as per usual. Just stop.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s doing ok the only problem is his bench rotation and the lack to drop players that don’t perform.
Love our defensive system but lack that polish in attack.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He’s doing ok the only problem is his bench rotation and the lack to drop players that don’t perform.
Love our defensive system but lack that polish in attack.
Few tweaks and we'll be regularly in the winners circle.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will get us there.
Soon as we have a 7 and two prop forwards.
We lack forward depth.

We should have won today and if we had bench depth we would have.

spaced_monkey

Waterboy
Reaction score
He’s a rookie coach. He’s overseen the biggest roster overhaul in recent history. He is at a Club that demands success. He has to deal with a lot of politics. He has to deal with Gus. He’s consistent and hard working and keeps a cool head. He seems like a Bulldog to me. I reckon the Bullfrog would like him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is average to slightly above average. We would be doing a little better with one of the experienced coaches obviously but he has the team believing in themselves and that’s what matters. Hopefully he learns from his mistakes. He also should be doing better with 5-6 origin level players so….

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Still concerned he is too persistent with failures eg perham last year, salmon and Hutchison this year

Did you see what happened when kautoga came on today? He had been on for a whole 7 mins and was walking around watching the match winner get scored, Theres a reason behind why salmon is getting picked he made 42 tackles today as shit as his hit ups look we need him atm until preston returns at the very least. Those who keep whinging about hutchison the other option in sexton also comes with alot of cons neither is the long term option.. Ciraldo knows this we all know this but it is what it is until oneil/mitch woods or even hayward have developed enough to take the jersey.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is not a pro CC thread. Just interested to hear your thoughts on our coach. Has he won you over with the system he is trying to build or you still have your doubts about his coaching abilities and team selections?
I was concerned with signing another rookie coach, but also knew there wasn't that much on offer. Would've given Potter 2 years tbh. But between the hype round CC and Gould's influence, we've drastically improved the roster over two seasons. So obviously the plan he's selling sounds good to players.

Last year I was still really doubtful that he'd last. But I was aware of the lack of quality in the roster. We'd pinned hopes on Alomoti. I can't recall our halves to start last year, but I suspect Flanagan was probably declaring how much he'd improved and got first chance. Then we snared an 18yo rookie who wasn't quite the solution people were hoping for. Then we got Sexton who had good and bad games. And the million injuries didn't help an already weak roster. Most of our big name forwards had extended injury outages or suspensions. Still expected better than the rubbish dished up last year.

If Ciraldo can get us icing games I'll be closer to thinking he's a long term coach. For what it's worth I wasn't calling for his sacking last year either. We've given three strong rosters a run for there money. Some referee momentum killers hobbled us. But we choked at key times too. So I'm liking the journey this year. But we're not quite the team we can be yet. We need to close out the tough games and that will require being able to overcome the refs when they're against us too. We're right on the edge of that IMO. If we can take that step soon enough this season I'll be loving Ciraldo.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is average to slightly above average. We would be doing a little better with one of the experienced coaches obviously but he has the team believing in themselves and that’s what matters. Hopefully he learns from his mistakes. He also should be doing better with 5-6 origin level players so….
Take it easy Tiger. We still don’t have a proper halfback, fullback and Prop leader.

Imagine Penrith without Cleary, Edwards and Fisher Harris and you replaced them with Taaffe, Hutchison and Patolo? How good would they be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
only concern is the use of the bench which needs to be used better

having some of our forwards play only 15 to 20 mins is dumb
Not necessarily. Bulk of our forwards can play 80. Kils, Curran, Preston, Salmon, Mann, King, could all play 80 if needed. Not saying they should, but we have a very fit and mobile pack.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The biggest change I see under Ciro this year is our fitness and line speed have improved so much. We seem to look fitter than the past decade. This is driving much better scrambling in defence and putting so much more pressure on the opposition. If he continues on this trajectory we're title bound that's for sure...

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Watching our attack and the things we do out there, im going to give Jason Taylor a massive wrap. We look more potent in attack the more we play, and we havnt even started offloading yet..

Ciraldo still has very very poor use of the bench, under utilises players and got lucky with injuries that forced positional changes.. ie Tracey to FB etc etc

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I was concerned with signing another rookie coach, but also knew there wasn't that much on offer. Would've given Potter 2 years tbh. But between the hype round CC and Gould's influence, we've drastically improved the roster over two seasons. So obviously the plan he's selling sounds good to players.

Last year I was still really doubtful that he'd last. But I was aware of the lack of quality in the roster. We'd pinned hopes on Alomoti. I can't recall our halves to start last year, but I suspect Flanagan was probably declaring how much he'd improved and got first chance. Then we snared an 18yo rookie who wasn't quite the solution people were hoping for. Then we got Sexton who had good and bad games. And the million injuries didn't help an already weak roster. Most of our big name forwards had extended injury outages or suspensions. Still expected better than the rubbish dished up last year.

If Ciraldo can get us icing games I'll be closer to thinking he's a long term coach. For what it's worth I wasn't calling for his sacking last year either. We've given three strong rosters a run for there money. Some referee momentum killers hobbled us. But we choked at key times too. So I'm liking the journey this year. But we're not quite the team we can be yet. We need to close out the tough games and that will require being able to overcome the refs when they're against us too. We're right on the edge of that IMO. If we can take that step soon enough this season I'll be loving Ciraldo.
Great summation Alan. We don't have our famous winning culture back as yet but it's fair to say we are looking highly likely to achieve that if the improvement continues.

Next phase is expanding the gameplan and icing games as you pointed out. Ciro and this 2024 roster have worked so hard and come a long way already and he has them ready for the next part of the journey which will be a big test for himself and the players.

We don't know when we will be ready to be the complete winning package but can feel confident it's a case of it will definately happen.

Bulldogs fans should be very happy with our coach and team...but CC needs to prepare them now for the next phase of the rebuild and that is to recognise we are now playing ahead of his gameplan of using Hutch as his 7. Time to add variety and a few more attacking skills into the game management. That suggests Taafe or Sexton or Hayward eased in. We look like we have the defence to cover for them now. CC will probably hold off for a while till he is 100% convinced however.