News Cameron Ciraldo Q&A How New Recruits Will Feature In His Quest To Make The Bulldogs A Powerhouse Again

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tracey and chrighton in centres
Taffe / Fullback
Xerri and JAC wings
Halves
Drew Hutchison / Burton
Utility Kurt Mann

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's a massive competition
Kiraz
Tracey
Xerri
Wilson
Who do you pick

silva

Utility
Reaction score
It's a massive competition
Kiraz
Tracey
Xerri
Wilson
Who do you pick
Tracey’s too good not to start in this side imo and he seems to kill it every where they played him at the sharks. Not sure if he can play halfback but fullback he definitely can

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
One thing I hope Cameron has did well was recruit those new boys to lift the bar of the team performances. We didn’t have Thompson or kikau yet we were in games until we fatigued and dropped our heads after a try being conceded.

The vibe I saw on saturday was definitely better than last year. I could see the team fighting for their positions rather than being handed the spot. Hence why I won’t be surprised if Taafe is #1 and drew is #7. Jake Turpin could be a sneaky backup on the bench for reed but I’m tipping 3 forwards and one utility in Kurt Mann.

Kurt Mann was putting his body on the line each and every set in attack and defence. So expect a lot of these boys to surprise us all if they can work together as a unit.
One of the major reasons we fatigued was too many penalties and six agains. I have heard players say that if you play well the 50/50’s tend to go your way. It will be interesting to see if that theory applies to us this season.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the major reasons we fatigued was too many penalties and six agains. I have heard players say that if you play well the 50/50’s tend to go your way. It will be interesting to see if that theory applies to us this season.
We're the bulldogs mate we never get the 50/50s

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ten new full of beans, telling you now, Bulldogs to power up, Burton to practice his field goals.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah 100% we need to make sure our line defence is a big milestone or else we will start losing the battle ground in games. I’m probably keen to see how your Kurt mann and co come together to plug the defence and lead

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah I'm a bit of a believer in this, have seen some sort of pattern but no stats to prove. Just play positive footy and to the spirit of the game, keep the heads up, build momentum, direction, and things might work out that seems to win some 50/50 calls.

Other contributing factors un/fair or true or not but to be considered include, scoreline bias, crowd, reputations, milking, ref incompetence, etc but that's all speculative too

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well answered, does fill me with some confidence that players are finding their feet and the new recruits are setting an example for the rest.

How long has it been to have players fighting for spots, that alone is a huge difference.
His comment: "If some of our younger players are watching Stephen Crichton prepare, train and recover, like I know the way he does, then he’s going to have a really positive impact on our culture and our club in general" -makes me think that there was something in the story about players complaining about how "hard" training was.

Seems we had a few softies in our ranks, which would explain why some Dogs often looked gassed on the field, and stopped defending after the first half.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good read… CC is succinct in his delivery, makes it easy to ingest, we need to stick by him over the 5 year plan with a view he becomes a Bellamy type who stays with us long term living and breathing the Club.

We’re not likely making the top 8 with this current roster so it’s important we “trust the process” where eventually our pathways yields talented players merging in with proven NRL elite level recruits like Critta, Fox, Reed and Burto.

No doubt we will have some imbeciles losing their sh!t because we’re potentially not in the finals but the goal here is improvement across all facets of last season, in particular, defence, consistent execution of our attack, attitude, commitment and belief.
2024 is supposed to be the year where the Dogs begin to show real improvement, and 2025 when they become competitive for the top eight.
If they can deliver on both, I'll be a very happy fan.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm a bit of a believer in this, have seen some sort of pattern but no stats to prove. Just play positive footy and to the spirit of the game, keep the heads up, build momentum, direction, and things might work out that seems to win some 50/50 calls.

Other contributing factors un/fair or true or not but to be considered include, scoreline bias, crowd, reputations, milking, ref incompetence, etc but that's all speculative too
They need to learn patience, and not let the game get away from them. A good side doesn't let the score worry them - look at Penrith in last year's GF, or our comeback final against Parra.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tracey and chrighton in centres
Taffe / Fullback
Xerri and JAC wings
Halves
Drew Hutchison / Burton
Utility Kurt Mann
I'd like to keep Blake Wilson on one of the wings. We would have blinding speed on both wings, and fast centres with Chrichton.
Speed wins games - especially with intercepts.