1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Call me nostradamus

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by BlackDawg, Apr 28, 2020.

1. JUNKYARD DOGS

JUNKYARD DOGS Kennel Immortal

I still believe so yes (especially CHN). But the Dogs are always made an example of.

2. Ribo Flavin

Ribo Flavin Kennel Regular

Yes. the penalty should be revisited especially for CHN.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. _G-Dog_

_G-Dog_ Kennel Immortal

There can be only 1 Nostradamus on the kennel.. as per Kennel rules it can be settled with a garlic chicken Competition ...

4. sideswip

sideswip Kennel Participant

Lets see if this affects the players on field.
    Dean Pay said he would not stand up for these 2 players, Hence the sack etc etc .... so lets now see what the real costs for the club are when they return to the field of play shortly

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Squash the Berries!

Squash the Berries! Kennel Enthusiast

I think most Aussies were over the initial were all gonna die feeling and towards the end of full restrictions had made their minds up and started to "break social distancing rules". (This includes Cleary also, he should just of been honest from the start).

A lot of blokes especially in the bush will shoot a target etc without a shooters license.

Not sure that the Dogs were hard done by.

• Love Love x 1
  6. BlackDawg

BlackDawg Kennel Regular

How can you say you aren't sure the dogs were hard done by? Both covid 19 and firearms offenses carry fines and jail terms. All offenders since have been criminally convicted by police for offenses & our boys didn't even cop a fine. Blind freddy can see that is a MASSIVE discrepancy in penalty handed out by the NRL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Squash the Berries!

Squash the Berries! Kennel Enthusiast

Pretty easy I just type on a keyboard, but seriously I see your point (no law was broken and some schoolgirls are smoking hot), however.

After Coffs Harbour, every Dogs player would surely be aware of whats acceptable behaviour in relation to sex on trips away.

Sex with schoolgirls in the teams motel you met whilst on an official club visit to their school is surely not on the list of do's.

That to me explains why the Dogs did not argue with decision plus we lost sponsors who viewed this behaviour in a dim light.

In regards to the NRL decision.

The way I see it,It's no different to teachers having sex with students, they are sacked immediately, regardless if they are over 16 and a willing participant.

But hey thats my opinion and I have one blue and one white eye plus they were 2 of the players I wanted retained moving forward.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dogtime

Dogtime Kennel Regular Premium Member

AGREE!!!! Importantly it's the same fucking Code of Conduct that has been broken in all these instances. There is only one Code of Conduct. Its just the penalty has been inconsistent. Its either broken or its not.

When drafting the Code of Conduct did the drafters take potential consequences into account when the Code is broken? Did the drafters consider a breach of the Code which is also unlawful in society as potentially doing more damage to the game than a breach which doesn't actually break any laws?

Its the reputation of the game that matters here. So street fighting, wife bashing, dragging your girlfriend by the hair across the road, breaking covid lockdown, illegal discharge of a firearm, fighting with police, drink driving....all these things...punishable by law and potential jail time don't bring the game into disrepute? But consensual sex with some girls does?

Its either incompetence on the part of the games administrators or its straight out unsupportable bias. Which one is it?

9. Natboy

Natboy Kennel Enthusiast

They still have court appearances though and not convicted. I dare say the punishment from the NRL may depend on the court outcomes too

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BlackDawg

BlackDawg Kennel Regular

...and yet the punishment of our players was not dependent on any court conviction because the only court they were court-martialed from was a kangaroo court called the NRL At the time this occurred I posted that I could cop it on the chin as long as the NRL did the same for consequent offenses. We have had 4 indiscrentions since then & all have been more serious (as indicated by criminal charges & fines) yet not one of them got anywhere near the penalty our club and the 2 players concerned copped. Its fucking appalling.

11. Natboy

Natboy Kennel Enthusiast

It is and I agree with you but it was a punishment determined after all investigations were concluded, the others are ongoing