Bye Bye Averillo

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't his best game, but maybe if JAC is selected in Origin Skelton will get his chance. It appears that Ciro sees something in Averillo and wants to give him the opportunity with the right coaching to see if it is something, or whether he needs to be moved on. If he doesn't become more consistent soon though even Ciro will lose patience. Ciro is obviously big on D, and D is all about effort and that is where Averillo is not where he needs to be, he needs to start showing improvement.
i’m just glad he’s kept his position stable for 6 weeks, not 2 weeks at wing, 2 at center, 2 at halfback rinse and repeat. can only help both avo and kiraz

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Look,
I'm not saying the kid won't make it in nrl or wouldn't do a better job than avo.
He very well might be better.
But the fact remains having a highlight reel in lower grades doesn't usually mean you can pull that off in NRL.
The NRL opposition players are massively better than the opposition players in lower grades.

You arm chair coaches really need to trust the professional coaching staff.
I am sure CC will promote him when he is ready.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Flanagan and Averillon on the same side on Good Friday. We are going to have more holes down that side than Swiss cheese
They havent conceded many tries down that side this year. 1 was when we were down to 12 men. Avo poor defensive read another. Id be surprised if it wasnt reviewed the following week at training.
If Cody and LM are switched on could be scary.
Anyways, a real test for the boys. Looking forward to seeing what they can do.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Centre Stats

Averillo

63 tackles
17 missed
Tackle efficiency 78.75
Av run metres 107.

Allamoti

58 tackles
7 missed
Tackle efficiency 89.23
Av run metres 154.00

You can argue Allamoti with JAC & Kik’s has better defensive quality around him, but Jake has a lot of work to do on his defensive game, and I’m wondering after 4 years now whether that’s ever going to happen ..

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though Jake's holding his own this year, Skelton is better and should come in at some stage. With Critta and Xerri coming, Avo will be first casualty anyway.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even with the arrival of Crichton next season, I still see Averillo as a mainstay in the FG team. He has too much utility value to be left, right, out.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Centre Stats

Averillo

63 tackles
17 missed
Tackle efficiency 78.75
Av run metres 107.

Allamoti

58 tackles
7 missed
Tackle efficiency 89.23
Av run metres 154.00

You can argue Allamoti with JAC & Kik’s has better defensive quality around him, but Jake has a lot of work to do on his defensive game, and I’m wondering after 4 years now whether that’s ever going to happen ..
Also jake is defending right edge which has more traffic

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He should be happy to be able to say he played 4 years of nrl, anything more is a slap in the face to our premiership hopes.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Even with the arrival of Crichton next season, I still see Averillo as a mainstay in the FG team. He has too much utility value to be left, right, out.
Okunbor will be our mr fix-it sub. Bye bye Averillo…hopefully anyway.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’ve seen improvements in certain players this year under the coaching of CC such as Waddell and Okunbor. Whilst Averillo is not playing poorly, I’m yet to notice any improvements in his game this year and most notably his defensive is still average.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stop judging a player purely on edited highlights. He can’t tackle and makes a lot of poor reads in defense. Skelton is great with the ball in hand but Ciraldo is all about setting his standards with Defense, and that’s why Skelton isn’t getting a look in.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve seen improvements in certain players this year under the coaching of CC such as Waddell and Okunbor. Whilst Averillo is not playing poorly, I’m yet to notice any improvements in his game this year and most notably his defensive is still average.
What game are you watching? Jake has played consistently well this year, and, when Manly bent us over in the opening round, he was one of the few who could hold his head high. He misses a few tackles but centre is the most difficult position on the field to defend from. If he defended like Nigel Vagana, you would still be grumbling about him.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
[

it kinda tells me you can’t see a potential 1st grader, regardless of position…

Ours… I am a massive fan of Helta
dont be so aggressive bazil, i was just referring to that particular tackle, it was like the big kid in under10's thats all. He would have been turfed over the sideline in FG.
i think in time has can FG, if they thought as a centre he would be playing there now. Not sure where he ends up but of course has huge potential.