Buying a new Lawnmower SUCKS

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm getting a d-erection reading two dudes having a conversation about electric gardening gear. FFS @CroydonDog - we use petrol gear because we burn shit in it. Guys love to burn shit. its primordial - goes back to when we were hunter gatherers.

Don't disrespect your ancestors. Burn fuel.
Tbh, no homo, but I'm kind of relieved i'm not giving you an election...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
For real bro Cowboys use Astro turf ? I didn’t know aye.. I got a small Patch of synthetic grass in my back yard fuck all maintenance..
The vast majority of the NFL stadiums are astro turf.

My bad, should of said Dallas Cowboys.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought 2nd hand lawn mower rover 4 stroke 190cc for $150 had recently been serviced new blades been going strong for 2 years now. Can be hit and miss buying 2nd though unless you know what to look for.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The vast majority of the NFL stadiums are astro turf.

My bad, should of said Dallas Cowboys.
All good bro I’m a cheesehead… thought you were talking about Nrth Qld cowgirls we smashed in round 1 :tearsofjoy:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't vegans and seasonal changes maintain a lawn? . . . Think of the environment maaaan !!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm getting a d-erection reading two dudes having a conversation about electric gardening gear. FFS @CroydonDog - we use petrol gear because we burn shit in it. Guys love to burn shit. its primordial - goes back to when we were hunter gatherers.

Don't disrespect your ancestors. Burn fuel.
Now days we electrocute things. Get with the times old man.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
doesn't matter what brand you buy just make sure its powered by a honda motor and has an alloy cutter deck
Aint getting that for $850. I had a victa corvette at a job i worked. The cutting deck had completely rusted out , but the Briggs & Stratton engine started first pull every time.
I bought Masport 3 in 1 mower with a Brighs & Stratton engine, from bunnings 3 years ago, and it hasnt skipped a beat. Never had a problem. Starts every time, and cuts well. I havnt even sharpened the blades in that time. Probably needs it though.
Alloy decks are great, as they dont rust, but they are very heavy, and will set you back a few hundred more. If your yard is flat, the weight isnt an issue, but in saying that, if you hose the underside off after every use, you will minimize any rust forming anyway.
The school i was working at bought a 190cc alloy deck Bushranger mower for about $1300. It was massive. Weighed 50kg. But only ran on unleaded 95, and was an absolute pain in the arse to start. I was always surprised when i could actually get it to start. So i wouldnt recommend one.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can’t go wrong with a Honda rotor mower. I have one for my Buffalo

I’ve also got a Ozito cylinder mower too. I’m actually eating for spring to Reno my lawn.
2ECBAFC4-7E29-4FA9-A3CD-3C53A519D72E.jpeg

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
4 strokes for real blokes :D

Victa Mustang or Corvette is a good choice with the Briggs and Stratton motors.

I've deadset flogged the shit outta ours around the last decade, and serviced it twice in that time. Still starts and runs fine.

What about astro turf?
The third degree burns in summer walking on faux grass aren't terribly appealing.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
One that doesn't want to fuck about with petrol, oil, servicing etc.

Why bother when there's a much easier alternative that, for about 90% of situations does the same job?
Did you get the extra quick charge battery for your vibrator as well?? one plus one and all that. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: