Opinion Burton

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
yeah let’s play your boy Avo at 6 and 7… Stop losing focus..Our issue is not Avo, Burton or even Flange.. It’s that Fuckwit that parades as a coach.
There's more than one issue

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Kiraz showed more in one half then avo has in his career.
Jake has literal motm performances, one of the highest scores in our 321, etc. People still don't get it.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
He's been pretty average unfortunately, but I believe he will come good. After all, he has won MOM performances, it's just that our regime is stifling his progress.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was actually in good position out the back a few times. Yet ball went to lead runner. Also we all know JMK holds up the service terribly. Our halves don’t catch the ball running. It’s too risky for them to try, as pass won’t find them

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's more than one issue
NO. There isn’t. It’s all on fuckface, he calls the shots, picks the team and sets the standards and structures.

He is fucking awful and is destroying anything good that we have achieved thru recruitment. Everything that is wrong about Canterbury is because of Trent Barrett. That is the problem.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think burton is a 6 or a goal kicker. Thoughts?
He doesn't have much of a passing game. Passes way too early 99% of the time before drawing the defender. He needs to put more thought into his passes rather than just playing hot potato. He needs an experienced half inside him like Reynolds who can do most of the kicking to free up his running game. I thought that was why Barrett bought Flanagan in but Burton is still made to do most of the kicking. How's that freeing him up ?

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Burton is not our saviour but was brought in to add some class and x factor which he's not delivering on.
Agreed he's not the only problem but he has not been one of our better players in any of our games this year.
Something's gotta give

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
NO. There isn’t. It’s all on fuckface, he calls the shots, picks the team and sets the standards and structures.

He is fucking awful and is destroying anything good that we have achieved thru recruitment. Everything that is wrong about Canterbury is because of Trent Barrett. That is the problem.
Our lack of fitness is a bigger issue than Barret, that’s the facilities, support staff, physio, trainers everything needs attention

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Yes there is

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol I would love to see half of you fried cahunts “carving it up” with service from JMK and Jackson :D:D:D:D

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our lack of fitness is a bigger issue than Barret, that’s the facilities, support staff, physio, trainers everything needs attention
Bullshit, it’s all on pretty boy and his excuse bucket is empty. Fuck him and anyone that supports his rubbish.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bullshit, it’s all on pretty boy and his excuse bucket is empty. Fuck him and anyone that supports his rubbish.
Ok sack Barrett and don’t fix any of the other problems then

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I meant someone had to be out for him to be in, as you said
Yes agree. It was always going to be hard to displace Luai and Cleary who played in the juniors together and won an origin series together as well

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes there is
Oh fuck off Marley. I supported Jake and still do but stop looking for failure in others to justify him. You are better than that.

Our problem is Barrett and you know it. I was waiting for people to jump me tonight because JAC scored 2 tries ( 5 metres out no one in front of him..) because I suggested there’s something wrong with him.

There is something wrong with JAC, TRENT FUCKING BARRETT.