Burton

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
David riccio: panther want a player swap for burton they want Napa
Would be a dream - the only thing better would be is if they wanted Lewis. They have lost Hetherington, Tamou and Tetavano so it would make some sense that they want a prop. Why they would want Napa is anyone's guess

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they pay his $650K wage....DO IT NOW!!!
Why would they pay any of his wage? They still have salary cap issues so they would want us to contribute some of his wages but more importantly they have the upper hand in these negotiations and they know it so they will be using it to their advantage

TBH I'd even pay up to $500K of Napa's wages just to get Burton early as it would give us a nice headstart for 22. Napa is so fucking useless as a prop that any CC prop could do a better job than he could....just replace him with James Ramonous

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Napa would have already been paid 3 months if his wage so 25% down.

He’s off contract so they only have to get through this season.

While I think he will go alright this year as it’s a contract year he’s just a flop buy and needs to lose half his wage for anyone rorn2022

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Napa is no loss at all as he adds zero and would actually improve the timeline of getting rid of him next year. If JAC isn't coming early and we held money in the SC cap for him yet spent a little on Allan then I wouldn't care if we paid most of Napa's wage for this year as it may save us with the 95% rule. The sooner that Burton is on board the better for everyone.

I do believe that this rumour is too good to be true though so speaking figuratively.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If Thompson wasn’t suspended would Napa even start?

I’d have him and hetho in 8-10

Rfm jacko and Elliott in backrow.

I get it gets skinny with Napa gone with really only Renouf and Ogden though I think it’s been said Stimson might play middle and with Waddell etc might be worth the go?

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If there is any truth to the Napa swap with Burton I can't see it happening until after round 4 with Thompson's suspension we would be very thin up front for the opening month without him.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know to take with pinch of salt ..
Fingers crossed..... now can everyone on TK start saying nice things about Cleary and that he can coach. That way if he checks TK out he might even like us. #busforburton

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is true I will gladly give him a hand emptying out his locker.
We really don't need Napa. I would play Josh Jackson at prop as I believe he is more suited to it now and we can use some of our more mobile, younger edge back rowers. We have Hetherington and Thompson to provide the mongrel that Napa was supposed to give us. I think it would be a massive win for us but a little too good to be true right now.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One out of left field....

Could anyone see Burton playing lock if Flanno and Avo (FLAVO) lol have such a good partnership that would be crazy to break up in 2022?

Just a thought???
Part of the reason I want him here in 2021 so we don't face that dilemma.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're already going to be doing that.
Gets a bit crowded in attack with Allan floating around as Burton would essentially be playing the attacking role of a modern day fullback.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there is any truth to the Napa swap with Burton I can't see it happening until after round 4 with Thompson's suspension we would be very thin up front for the opening month without him.
I don't think Baz will care TBH - he'll want Burton ASAP even if it means we're light up front. Napa doesn't do much anyway so moving one of the backrowers to prop will do. We can survive without Napa falling into tackles for the first 4 rounds.