CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is how I would do it...

I'd play Flanno 1 off the ruck in attack controlling the game on both sides of the field & play Burt as a 6 outside him on the left side, with Avo outside Flanno on the right side playing as a 5/8 for that edge.

So essentially we got 2 permanent 5/8's with one playing either side of the ruck inside our centres.
The more points of attack the better.

Then we have to shuffle Flanno out of the middle in defence, maybe outside the bigger body of Burt on the left.
We're already going to be doing that.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
One out of left field....

Could anyone see Burton playing lock if Flanno and Avo (FLAVO) lol have such a good partnership that would be crazy to break up in 2022?

Just a thought???
yes - the speed of the game makes it more likely forwards will need to be more mobile n less need for overly big middle forwards.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
One out of left field....

Could anyone see Burton playing lock if Flanno and Avo (FLAVO) lol have such a good partnership that would be crazy to break up in 2022?

Just a thought???
Maybe if we have a setup of 7 as first receiver, 6 and 13 either side, and a roving 1 - Burton at lock could become like a second 5/8.

Last edited:

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe if we have a setup of 7 as first receiver, 6 and 13 either side, and a roving 1 - Burton at lock could become like a second 5/8.
I agree. With the speed of the game it's a logical way to play him.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I bumped into someone on the coaching staff yesterday and we chatted for about 5 mins, absolute gentleman, I won’t say who it was but he did tell me we are not getting Brandon smith and he doesn’t think Burton will be coming over. The Burton situation isn’t 100% percent he said if he kicks up a stink soon then maybe but highly unlikely..

he seemed to be genuinely telling me what he thought was the truth. I’m hoping he is wrong,has big wraps on Allan and is a fan of meaney at fullback...

I think meaney will be fullback in reserve grade

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I bumped into someone on the coaching staff yesterday and we chatted for about 5 mins, absolute gentleman, I won’t say who it was but he did tell me we are not getting Brandon smith and he doesn’t think Burton will be coming over. The Burton situation isn’t a percent know but highly unlikely..

he seemed to be genuinely telling me what he thought was the truth. I’m hoping he is wrong l, has big wraps on Allan and is a fan of meaney at fullback...

Good because I don't want Meaney on the wing in firstgrade.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I bumped into someone on the coaching staff yesterday and we chatted for about 5 mins, absolute gentleman, I won’t say who it was but he did tell me we are not getting Brandon smith and he doesn’t think Burton will be coming over. The Burton situation isn’t 100% percent he said if he kicks up a stink soon then maybe but highly unlikely..

he seemed to be genuinely telling me what he thought was the truth. I’m hoping he is wrong,has big wraps on Allan and is a fan of meaney at fullback...

He also said the club knows we need a hooker but everyone is tied up at the moment :(

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep, definitely the vibe i got from the last interview smith was attributed too, although it could all change if Capt. Dickface renegs and goes around again..but sounds like it's fairly final and a bit disappointing really...