News Burton 'the one' as Bulldogs eye Knights

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I swear I'm more excited for my Under 10s tomorrow. I just want tonight to be over with. I got the night planned out to make it go faster...

6:00 - scream out "let's go c***s!"
6:10 - celebrate our only try, dare to dream of a win.
6:20 - realise we are going to lose and lose ugly.
6:21 - 7:50 - get angry at the shit ***** fucking up every set.
8-10 - watch a couple of decent teams play
10 - I pass out - whinge about how shit we are on TK
Well my weekend just got royally fucked and already in a **** of a mood.

The Parra poofters cancelled all jnr games because the pussies are scared of a bit of light rain...

Mind you it's 27 and sunny tomorrow.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just heard on Matty johns show he wants out and wants to go back to panthers and asked Gus
I'm inclined to believe this given our form. However when has Matty John's ever got a rumour correct.

Additionally if it is true then who cares, he's then wouldnt be the type of player we need if he's not willing to work hard and build a dynasty in his preferred position after already winning a premiership.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
More than one player capable of individual brilliance, how many of them have a step, fend and offload ?
Its always going to be a team effort,

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Disagree. He needs to step up as one of our highest paying players. Need to stop putting players in cotton wool and call it out for what it is. Burton needs to get use to the pressure as our main halves player.
Too early bud.. he has dead set no support cast. No backrowers, No hooker and half a fb.

Maybe next year when Mahoney and kikau arrive but for now he is already doing all he can so No need to point the finger..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm inclined to believe this given our form. However when has Matty John's ever got a rumour correct.

Additionally if it is true then who cares, he's then wouldnt be the type of player we need if he's not willing to work hard and build a dynasty in his preferred position after already winning a premiership.
Matty john's rumours come straight out of the pub.. lol. The fact mahoney and kikau are coming nobody wants to leave.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if we lose he's going to blame Burton and Dufty for not lifting enough. LOL

How about he name JMK and Flanagan as having just as much responsibility.

How about he admit he needs to change something with his coaching because it's so obvious we've changed nothing about our attack from last year (besides the players). Is it seriously all up to the players and not his f..ked tactics ? He's not even capable of getting our players in numbers to run in support of the ball carrier. F..king useless.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So if we lose he's going to blame Burton and Dufty for not lifting enough. LOL

How about he name JMK and Flanagan as having just as much responsibility.

How about he admit he needs to change something with his coaching because it's so obvious we've changed nothing about our attack from last year (besides the players). Is it seriously all up to the players and not his f..ked tactics ? He's not even capable of getting our players in numbers to run in support of the ball carrier. F..king useless.
How about he admits losses are directly from himself (one out and BUSH game plan, can't rotate the bench, etc) and the all the duds he "coaches"....

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Load of bullshit. Actually the opposite.

You know talks have quietly started in the begining of this week...
Yep thats no what they said at all. Matty mentioned he heard the rumour that Burton was interested in going back to the Panthers. All he was doing was rehashing Paul Kents article. Andrew Webster then mentioned that he wasnt 100% impressed with our pre season training. Thats all that was said. Nothing whatsoever about him being unhappy and asking to go back.

1. Gus wouldnt allow it
2. He would earn half as much at Penrith playing as a centre

Just such a stupid rumour

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how many Dogs fans would be prepared to cop a loss tonight if it means Barrett is gone immediately ? I'm sure some would.

Surely if we get beat tonight because of the usual suspects dropping balls etc then Barrett is gone.

Dib made the mistake of putting too much faith in Des to pull us out of the shit and he gave Des way too long and Des was a recent premiership winning coach.

Barrett has achieved f..king nothing. Why show him loyalty ?. If the board make the same mistake of giving Barrett way too long to have us finish last in the comp they'll be f..king sorry.

The rot needs to stop now while we have a chance of another coach getting more out of our players.

I seriously believe if we had a cardboard cut-out as our coach we'd do better than under Barrett. If the players were unrestricted and allowed to play eyes up footy the way they want (the way they used to before they met Barrett) we'd have much better free flowing attack.

Last edited:

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
I wonder how many Dogs fans would be prepared to cop a loss tonight if it means Barrett is gone immediately ? I'm sure some would.

Surely if we get beat tonight because of the usual suspects dropping balls etc then Barrett is gone.

Dib made the mistake of putting too much faith in Des to pull us out of the shit and he gave Des way too long and Des was a recent premiership winning coach.

Barrett has achieved f..king nothing. Why show him loyalty ?. If the board make the same mistake of giving Barrett way too long to have us finish last in the comp they'll be f..king sorry.

The rot needs to stop now while we have a chance of another coach getting more out of our players.
I'd cop 5 absolute shellackings in a row by all lower-tier teams missing their key players if it means Baz gets shown the door.

The man cannot coach. This team should be doing better than it currently is, simple.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Don’t think Penrith will pay much for burton back especially now they have tago and Crichton going well in the centres

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
If we lose Burton Baz can fuck off too.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep thats no what they said at all. Matty mentioned he heard the rumour that Burton was interested in going back to the Panthers. All he was doing was rehashing Paul Kents article. Andrew Webster then mentioned that he wasnt 100% impressed with our pre season training. Thats all that was said. Nothing whatsoever about him being unhappy and asking to go back.

1. Gus wouldnt allow it
2. He would earn half as much at Penrith playing as a centre

Just such a stupid rumour
I couldn’t catch it all listening on podcast at work. He needs a lot of improvement in his attack putting a bomb all the time isn’t going to fear in any team

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I couldn’t catch it all listening on podcast at work. He needs a lot of improvement in his attack putting a bomb all the time isn’t going to fear in any team
Burton is restricted to do what the "coach" directs him to do.

Baz only knows the BUSH game plan.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A lost **** with no fkn idea and wants to sound like they are in the know.
I was going to say it looks like Burton is starting to enjoy his game the last 2 weeks he has looked great.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I was going to say it looks like Burton is starting to enjoy his game the last 2 weeks he has looked great.
He is doing well considering he is learning his position while carrying the whole team on his shoulders.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When he kicks those big high floaters, FBs are shutting themselves…imagine if our lazy arsed players actually chased the kick?

But he’s been playing with Flamingo too long and kicks too many end over end numpty kicks

He can’t do shit in attack cos he only gets sloppy floater passes