Burton tells Freddy he’s in & team reaction

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did Heil Fittler walk past Fox to get to Burton?....

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
well deserved call up. i'd drop the passenger Luai and play Burto at 6 but glad he's getting a run regardless. also love the fact fox was first in to congratulate, shows the character of the bloke and emphasises how much he offers off the field as well as on it

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love the reaction - the team is bonding like super glue! The more Burto feels at home at the Dogs with his team mates the better! Sign him up for 10 years already.
This kid isn’t going anywhere, where else is a crowd going to chant his name, the club, players and fans have embraced him - Burto playing Origin will be tough going against the Sharks but we still believe! Huge momentum behind us right now.

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This kid isn’t going anywhere, where else is a crowd going to chant his name, the club, players and fans have embraced him - Burto playing Origin will be tough going against the Sharks but we still believe! Huge momentum behind us right now.
We don't lose Burto for the Sharks game. SOO is in a stand alone representative round as I understand it. Burto free to play Sharks following week.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the thing is too, and I’m saying this as an Ango-Saxon, yeah - we did have issue when a lot of the idiots used to turn up in our rough years between 2002-2006, and they were embarrassing, but I love and embrace our ethnicity and that our fans are true fans from every walk. We take the loses hard, but we take the wins like no other. There is so much passion for our club. Just wait til Burton starts playing for a club that is a top 4 lock every year. THEN he’ll know what it’s like to really play for a BIG club!

I LOVE our fans!!! We are ALL what makes this a true blue collar club!
Blue and white collar club....

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes agree but he says he doesnt want it, he would rather go fishing. I tend to believe him. But i dont think it would take much persuasion to change his mind.
Winners are grinners. He definitely looks happier the past few weeks. I think potter actually has him believing for the first time thst this was the right move for him.

Mick Potter is a legend and should be given the head coaching role yesterday. He seems to be building something pretty special here.haven’t seen this much energy and passion from our dude on a long, long time.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely he knows this is his team and he realises he has the opportunity of becoming a Bulldog great and possible Immortal.
we are a big, high profile Sydney club that has been struggling for 5-6 years, he is already the team's focal point and the team will continue to be constructed around him, he will be able to maximise his earnings with us, obviously will play rep football, seems to have already developed very good chemistry with the players, and comes across as a good character... a perfect storm

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-ne...hurt-fan/1f8f7c7b-7029-4b5a-b312-0852cd8d2a19

could be one of the faces of the league

and just in case Uncle Nick gets any ideas about replacing 'concussion Keary'...

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the thing is too, and I’m saying this as an Ango-Saxon, yeah - we did have issue when a lot of the idiots used to turn up in our rough years between 2002-2006, and they were embarrassing, but I love and embrace our ethnicity and that our fans are true fans from every walk. We take the loses hard, but we take the wins like no other. There is so much passion for our club. Just wait til Burton starts playing for a club that is a top 4 lock every year. THEN he’ll know what it’s like to really play for a BIG club!

there were some issues back in that period... for example, when we lost to the Cowboys in the first week of the finals in 2004, a group of our "fans" I guess thought it would be funny to start cheering for Nth QLD which set another group off and there were insults and threats etc. and unfortunately, between the two groups was a family of three generations of Bulldogs fans being a grandfather, a father and son, and the boy got scared and so they left mid match even though my brother and I did our best to convince them it harmless hot air

never really thought of it as an ethnic issue but simply what happens at sporting events

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score

Don't worry, the idiots will return as we become more successful and they jump on the bandwagon.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton has the chance of a lifetime to be the emperor of belmore. I'm bowing before him.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As soon as origin 2 is done we need to announce his extension. It will just keep the feel good going.