Burton is overrated.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How is calling him a centre extreme?

That's what he is.
I'm saying if you're still acknowledging that he's struggling and out of form, then you're considered a fan boy. There's no opinion allowed in between.

Last week he played pretty well at 5/8th. This week he was ordinary. His lack of consistency is a major problem.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some interesting stats from the game…

Runs and metres: Kikau - 6 for 58m, Sutton - 9 for 84m, Waddell - 8 for 72, Preston - 9 for 73m, Flanagan 6 for 32m lol, Burton - 10 for 74m.

Run more they say... He had more or similar impact as some forwards just from making yards. He obviously took on some of the workload with us missing forwards. Add to that all his ball work and kicking and he’s far from our biggest problem. I can’t believe the moronic statements about him smh. It is so low IQ it’s not funny.

Let’s look at more stats shall we? He made 3 tackle breaks and kicked for 447m, over 3 times that of Flanno’s 130m. He made 18 tackles and his worst stat 6missed tackles.

It’s hilarious the way some people make out like he’s a problem, when all you have to do is compare his output to his halves partner. When you have to do the majority of the work because your halfback isn’t doing his job, no suprise when you’re not as effective. I wasn’t even disappointed with his game yesterday. He made some good choices of when to pass, run or dummy. He took the line on enough, but like most of the game, Warrior defence was too good. Their coach said besides the start of games their D has pleased him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Some interesting stats from the game…

Runs and metres: Kikau - 6 for 58m, Sutton - 9 for 84m, Waddell - 8 for 72, Preston - 9 for 73m, Flanagan 6 for 32m lol, Burton - 10 for 74m.

Run more they say... He had more or similar impact as some forwards just from making yards. He obviously took on some of the workload with us missing forwards. Add to that all his ball work and kicking and he’s far from our biggest problem. I can’t believe the moronic statements about him smh. It is so low IQ it’s not funny.

Let’s look at more stats shall we? He made 3 tackle breaks and kicked for 447m, over 3 times that of Flanno’s 130m. He made 18 tackles and his worst stat 6missed tackles.

It’s hilarious the way some people make out like he’s a problem, when all you have to do is compare his output to his halves partner. When you have to do the majority of the work because your halfback isn’t doing his job, no suprise when you’re not as effective. I wasn’t even disappointed with his game yesterday. He made some good choices of when to pass, run or dummy. He took the line on enough, but like most of the game, Warrior defence was too good. Their coach said besides the start of games their D has pleased him.
Spend more time watching the game and not the stats.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm saying if you're still acknowledging that he's struggling and out of form, then you're considered a fan boy. There's no opinion allowed in between.

Last week he played pretty well at 5/8th. This week he was ordinary. His lack of consistency is a major problem.
The whole team was flat tbf. I still think Burton was one of our better players yesterday. Few others were asking questions of the defence as he was. You’re not going to change the naysayers’ opinions. They’ve made their minds up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The whole team was flat tbf. I still think Burton was one of our better players yesterday. Few others were asking questions of the defence as he was. You’re not going to change the naysayers’ opinions. They’ve made their minds up.
LOL

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The usage of Kikau by Burto and by Kiks efforts himself is really concerning. It's not even basic catch and pass, bullocking run stuff. They are way out with their timing and so are the whole left side passing plays, apart from Alamonti and Fox doing it for themselves linking up.

I have a terrible premonition that this failure to apply pressure, get it together and CC praising all/any performances, and not using our bench fully with an average forward pack is going to wear very thin on the field pretty soon.

The bonding. The emotion. We don't seem to have a good enough foundation with the spine to move forward and it may be going to peater out soon with a blow out score.

Hope I'm panicking as usual :grinning: but we need some wins to keep the roll on happening.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bruhhhh, you literally default to stats whenever it suits your argument
I use stats to support an argument and not make aimless comparisons that prove absolutely nothing. Burton having more kick metres than Flanagan means very little when you actually watch the game and continually see Burton failing to place his kicks correctly. I also couldn't care less how many metres our half run when he's not actually running the ball correctly. He doesn't play anywhere near direct enough and instead plays towards the corner post, he doesn't play into the line with the ball in two hands on infront, he doesn't use his size and footwork like a Munster, etc. Our forwards are obviously an issue but Burton still got opportunities and did absolutely nothing with the ball. Flanagan who is obviously not good enough at least contributed to our first try with a good pass that out Jake into some space.....what exactly did Burton do?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Oh I get you.

I just see him as a centre trying to learn his trade in the halves surrounded by duds who are not helping at all.

BUT doesn't look like he is learning anything or even trying to learn tbh.

He hasn't even tried hiss one and only trick of a 50/50 bomb in 2023.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I just see him as a centre trying to learn his trade in the halves surrounded by duds who are not helping at all.
I mean he has one of the best backrowers in the game, a very good 9 to receive service from, one of the best wingers in the comp and a decent centre outside of him…He needs to pull his finger out, if he shits the bed against cows and we lose because he was a contributing factor than I’m completely off him as a 6

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
For his non existent consistency and game management, he is very overrated. He is not overrated on talent.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh I get you.

BUT doesn't look like he is learning anything or even trying to learn tbh.

He hasn't even tried hiss one and only trick of a 50/50 bomb in 2023.
Outside of Mahoney, Preston, King and Kiraz most players have been disappointing, Burton included. Our attack is very one out at the moment. It's obvious Ciraldo has emphasised completing sets. Outside of a few offloads, or breaks from deep in our own half, we're struggling massively to score points. Hopefully they gel in the coming weeks.. But, we all would have taken 2-2 to start the season. It's just disappointing as we missed a great opportunity to go 3-1..

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more he plays the more I reckon he’s a fullback

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Burton has no footy smarts.He is a Daily M centre playing halves and has potential.Shame he doesnt just say" Im a Centre put me there ".
His problem is that he shouldnt be getting the ball on the 5th to make decisions especially late in games when the result is on the line.Classic point is tigers game where he repeatedly kicks for touch to defend a lead but should be trying for the killer blow.He needs a halfback who wants the ball in those moments and he can support where needed in whatever way that is.Kyle Flange is the problem with Burto and the fact hes underdone coming back from surgery.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I use stats to support an argument and not make aimless comparisons that prove absolutely nothing. Burton having more kick metres than Flanagan means very little when you actually watch the game and continually see Burton failing to place his kicks correctly. I also couldn't care less how many metres our half run when he's not actually running the ball correctly. He doesn't play anywhere near direct enough and instead plays towards the corner post, he doesn't play into the line with the ball in two hands on infront, he doesn't use his size and footwork like a Munster, etc. Our forwards are obviously an issue but Burton still got opportunities and did absolutely nothing with the ball. Flanagan who is obviously not good enough at least contributed to our first try with a good pass that out Jake into some space.....what exactly did Burton do?
flanno got jake smashed, lucky jake was good enough to get out of the tackle, it was a shocking pass, FMD

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flanagan who is obviously not good enough at least contributed to our first try with a good pass that out Jake into some space....
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: I am one of the few on here that has stayed solid with you on Averillo, but you have a serious mental issue with Burton.

Throwing up that Flange threw a pass to put Averillo in space…LMFAO. Your boy Jake ran onto the ball and ran the line and all fuckface did was catch and pass. He couldn’t dig into the line with a Backo and is the biggest handbrake in our squad.

Burton is a ball running 5/8 that we won’t see the true potential of until the sooky lala son of Shanese is finally moved on.

Stop being silly and find someone else to hate ya wombat.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: I am one of the few on here that has stayed solid with you on Averillo, but you have a serious mental issue with Burton.

Throwing up that Flange threw a pass to put Averillo in space…LMFAO. Your boy Jake ran onto the ball and ran the line and all fuckface did was catch and pass. He couldn’t dig into the line with a Backo and is the biggest handbrake in our squad.

Burton is a ball running 5/8 that we won’t see the true potential of until the sooky lala son of Shanese is finally moved on.

Stop being silly and find someone else to hate ya wombat.
You guys are the ones with a serious.kentla issue, can't even objectively analyse a game. Burton has Mahoney feeding him, Kikau off his shoulder and Fox on the wing and all he has produced is a single try in a month of footy. Fucking hell, turn it up.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I mean he has one of the best backrowers in the game, a very good 9 to receive service from, one of the best wingers in the comp and a decent centre outside of him…He needs to pull his finger out, if he shits the bed against cows and we lose because he was a contributing factor than I’m completely off him as a 6
Kiks is playing no where near being one of the best backrowers.