Burton is overrated.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He was not a good centre but can play centre in great teams. He just fell over the line with most of his tries at Penrith. He is a 6 and always will be. Whether in FG or NSW cup. Probably never a rep 6., which will be a fckn disaster since we are building around him
Hahaha not a good centre!

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hahaha not a good centre!
In our team he would be horrible at centre. You put him in the roosters team and he’a Daly M 5/8
It’s not him being good at centre, he’s good everywhere in a good team. tit’s him being bad at Canterbury

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Played his best footy under Mick Potter.

Looked like a complete dud under Barrett & now Ciraldo

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burtons not overated its the tosser thats next to him thats crap 3 years and hasnt done sweet fuck all dont know why we pulled out of moses race now we got this potato all year cant kick cant defend

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about putting Buton in the centers (where he belongs) and put the Grub at five-eighth...
he hardly ran the ball on saturday, i don’t even know if he’s up to first grade center

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry my bad I meant George Williams
All good. I thought it couldn’t possibly be that ex raider Sam Williams as he wasn’t very good. But agree, George Williams would be a great target

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All he has is the chip to the winger.

Did he actually carve up the juniors? Like a 4 try assist game or was it the typical jizz fest ball running shite.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Burton was crap yesterday but he's not the problem. Could never understand why the Dogs went on a huge spending spree but never bought a decent half back. Flannagan is just not the answer and never has been. He's been playing NRL for a few years now and has never looked anything above reggies standard...even in the Roosters system.

Lachlan Ilias has had 1 year and is already twice the player.
That's right....the salary cap war chest that was going to deliver us to the promised land.....spent on Cotric, JAC, Burton, TPJ, Kikau, Thompson, Mahoney and Flanagan.
Not sure what kind of team exactly they were trying to build, but ATM gotta question the long term vision and the 5 year deal recently put in front of Burton that he signed.
What a global mismanagement of the war chest.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy has no ball playing skills. No creativity whatsoever. Can't even use the best 2nd rower in the game to his advantage. He clearly didn't want to be out there today in the scorching sun.
Nasheed was right the whole time. Again. We treated him so bad but he was bang on the whole time. We owe him the biggest apology.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Burton was crap yesterday but he's not the problem. Could never understand why the Dogs went on a huge spending spree but never bought a decent half back.
There weren't any decent halfbacks available and the half decent ones wanted $1m a season.

Always a Bulldog

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His best role is as a 5/8 playing the secondary playmaking role. At his best he is an elite ball running half who has the potential to have one of the best long kicking games in the comp. Get him a proper halfback that does their role as the lead playmaker and then judge Burton on a fair basis.

He played behind a pack that got smashed all game, albeit due to injuries, played next to a halfback that the Kennel has proclaimed to be one of the worst players in the comp, and with a fullback that would start for no other club but us.

Obviously Burton had a shocker, and criticising him on that is fair, but calling him overrated and never good enough is a big call considering the problem areas in the squad.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His best role is as a 5/8 playing the secondary playmaking role. At his best he is an elite ball running half who has the potential to have one of the best long kicking games in the comp. Get him a proper halfback that does their role as the lead playmaker and then judge Burton on a fair basis.

He played behind a pack that got smashed all game, albeit due to injuries, played next to a halfback that the Kennel has proclaimed to be one of the worst players in the comp, and with a fullback that would start for no other club but us.

Obviously Burton had a shocker, and criticising him on that is fair, but calling him overrated and never good enough is a big call considering the problem areas in the squad.
The way I see it. I would prefer Burto fucking up early in the season then improving and progressing toward the end of the year. Than have Moses playing kinda great at thecstart of the season always knowing we will never win a premiership.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Overrated at both I think, he was pitiful trying to chase down DCE.
Yeah but some will blame his surgery, some will blame his Misses being pregnant and some will blame the soft forwards....

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If his running game doesn't improve over a few rounds, I wouldn't mind seeing Burton at fullback for a few weeks.
Not that I think fullback is his best position, rather it'll engage his running game. Can still kick when needed.
Perham can move to the 6 jersey.

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If his running game doesn't improve over a few rounds, I wouldn't mind seeing Burton at fullback for a few weeks.
Not that I think fullback is his best position, rather it'll engage his running game. Can still kick when needed.
Perham can move to the 6 jersey.
Or Reynolds could play 6, like you’re idea

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Burtons not overated its the tosser thats next to him thats crap 3 years and hasnt done sweet fuck all dont know why we pulled out of moses race now we got this potato all year cant kick cant defend
So the 'gun was responsible for Burton kicking out on the full twice, throwing intercept passes, hospital passes and passing to Kikau on the fifth? Stop with the bs excuses. Burton's performance on the weekend may well have been the worst by any half in the NRL era.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Burton played behind a well beaten pack.
The forwards sucked, but Burton sucked equally, or possibly any more. There's no excuse for kicking out on the full in general play and off a kick off , passing to Kikau on the fifth, taking bad options all day sand throwing an intercept pass. Complete clown footy by Burton on the weekend. Needs to be so much better.