Burton is not worth big dollars

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The trying to do too much narrative is a myth at this point. I am sick of hearing that as an excuse.

They couldn't even do the basics right today, like find touch, last tackle kicks, cold knock ons, stupid errors, falling off tackles. For a big body he sucks defensively I have to say it, he got trampled by Olukuatu multiple times today
Can't disagree with that

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This.

People still think Munster would do anything behind this pack. Yeah he may not miss touch, but besides that, he'd be just as bad.

The whole team is a mess. Burton was our best player for the last year and a half, and yes has dropped badly his level last 6-7 games but he's shot of confidence.

At his best, we know how good he is... easily our best player under Potter last year.

Everyone gotta chill
At least Munster has that dog in him and scraps for everything. Burton is just a placid embarrassment ATM

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'd happily show you my effort, anytime, pussy-cat!

We should make up a Kennel footy teams

Wankers vs Non-Wankers :tearsofjoy:

Calling out Assassin to be Non-Wankers coach :smilingimp:
Bro if I can come up with a guard that can cover my Pacemaker I'll be captain-coach lol

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This.

People still think Munster would do anything behind this pack. Yeah he may not miss touch, but besides that, he'd be just as bad.

The whole team is a mess. Burton was our best player for the last year and a half, and yes has dropped badly his level last 6-7 games but he's shot of confidence.

At his best, we know how good he is... easily our best player under Potter last year.

Everyone gotta chill
Burton our best player???

Munster wouldn’t do anything???

Image1693145035.899302.jpg

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just checked zero tackle stats. Burton has better stats or on par in attack then a lot of his counter parts such as munster, dylan brown and luai. He needs to improve his defence however and consistency.

Last edited:

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Just checked zero tackle stats. Burton has better stats or on par in attack then a lot of his counter parts such as munster, dylan brown and luai. He needs to improve his defence however and consistency.
He has also played almost every game most of those players have missed big chunks of the season to get the same stats . Maybe not Luai but he has had a pretty down season.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton, Mahoney, jac and to a certain extent kiks have all declined massively. This surly is a coaching problem. Ciro looks to have lost the leaders in the group and I have a feeling most of those players are part of the unsettled players in the club. Don’t be surprised if one or 2 of our marquee players ain’t with us next season.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I won't bang on about Burton again, esp. after Sunday

There would be no talk of Burton as a centre if he didn't have to play there but for a panther's injury/issue that season in that position. He was an out-and-out number 6 for their juniors and if you research their old press, there was no mention of centre. He just happened to have a particularly good year and suddenly that clown alexander says "we think he can be a world-class centre". You thought he could be a world-class 6 till Cleary/Luai started braining them and you had nowhere else to put him. I despise greg alexander. Burton just happened to go alright there, on what was, in my mind, the best left edge in the nrl.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This.

Everyone gotta chill
I genuinely don’t believe Burton has been out best player in 3 games overall. We must watch different games