Opinion Burton Hypothetical

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hypothetically, if the club were looking to extend Burton from 2024 and upgrade what would you pay….

Keen to hear the varying opinions

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd be extending him before November this year. Pay him whatever he's worth (800k?).
This is assuming he’ll accept market value to continue playing for us. He might take less to play somewhere he feels he’ll be successful at, or simply market value at some other place. If we’re performing poorly next year, I don’t see him sticking around. Wouldn’t blame him either.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is assuming he’ll accept market value to continue playing for us. He might take less to play somewhere he feels he’ll be successful at, or simply market value at some other place. If we’re performing poorly next year, I don’t see him sticking around. Wouldn’t blame him either.
We’re on the up relax

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As much as it takes. 4 years $3.2 million sounds like a fair deal for both sides.

I don't think he's looking to sign anything any time soon though. I'm sure Gus will address it once he settles in to the club and we hopefully stay competitive to the point where Burton can envision competing for premierships once Mahoney and Kikau arrive.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As much as it takes and for as long as possible. 4 years $3.2 million sounds like a fair deal for both sides.

I don't think he's looking to sign anything any time soon though. I'm sure Gus will address it once he settles in to the club and we hopefully stay competitive to the point where Burton can envision competing for premierships once Mahoney and Kikau arrive.
I’m sure he knows we are heading in the right direction and he’s still young and he’s already won a premiership

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m sure he knows we are heading in the right direction and he’s still young and he’s already won a premiership
We're still going to have to perform on the field between now and then for him to be convinced. If we're bottom four and firing Baz, he'll could test the market. If we're competing for the top 8 and building nicely, then he might re-sign.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Leave these things to Gus. Expectations of massive contract will kill the kid. Let him develop first before throwing massive money.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too early, far too early, ridiculously too early.

Always a Bulldog
Before the end of this season we need to put an offer in front of him to extend him long term.

If we allow it to tick over into November without this deal being done we are a huge risk of losing him.

We are going to be a team finishing 10-12. If a Rooster’s or Storm come calling he will sign for less knowing he is walking into a successful team.

We need to lock him up and build a generation of Bulldogs around him.