Opinion Burton does not deserve to be captain.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And the other 16 players? Why is Burton the first person to blame every game and when we lost by 34? Flanno was horrible. Averillo was horrible. Perham was horrible. Even Kiraz was quiet today. I can't think of anyone that played well.
Because he's the captain, he's the superstar, he's the one on a multi-million dollar deal and he continually hurts us. Averillo was horrible? How?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because he's the captain, he's the superstar, he's the one on a multi-million dollar deal and he continuallt hurts us. Averillo was horrible? How?
He shouldn't be captain and isn't really. Reed is obviously the proper captain and someone like King should be next.

There were seriously 30 other reasons we lost this game before you get to Burton. The obsession people have with blaming him for everything is getting insane.

Is it honestly his fault we lost by 34 today? Or are having no forwards, losing our winger in the first 10 minutes, having a 4 and a half day turnaround, having a man in the bin and having the most useless halfback in the comp all bigger issues today?

What miracles could Burton, Munster, Cleary, Hynes or any half come up with when Souths had the ball for about 30 minutes straight? Even then he broke through and set up Perham with a great run but they called it back.. After that he got an intercept and scored.. Between those plays Souths had the ball the whole time. What could any half in the comp do when they don't have the ball??

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He shouldn't be captain and isn't really. Reed is obviously the proper captain and someone like King should be next.

There were seriously 30 other reasons we lost this game before you get to Burton. The obsession people have with blaming him for everything is getting insane.

Is it honestly his fault we lost by 34 today? Or are having no forwards, losing our winger in the first 10 minutes, having a 4 and a half day turnaround, having a man in the bin and having the most useless halfback in the comp all bigger issues today?

What miracles could Burton, Munster, Cleary, Hynes or any half come up with when Souths had the ball for about 30 minutes straight? Even then he ran threw and set up Perham but they called it back.. After that he got an intercept and scored.. Between those plays Souths had the ball the whole time. What could any half in the comp do when they don't have the ball??
Burton is a huge contributing factor, I don't know why you continue to ignore this. You're never going to agree, another that thinks he has Thurston like potential.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Burton is a huge contributing factor, I don't know why you continue to ignore this. You're never going to agree, another that thinks he has Thurston like potential.
I never said he played well. Never said he can't improve. I've said he's inconsistent. I just don't see the need to blame him for everything when all of those things I listed were reasons for today's performance before worrying about Burton..

You and others want to blame him for everything.. Again, I don't know what Burton or any half is supposed to do when we don't have the ball for the whole 2nd half. It's hard to score points without the ball.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There was no chance when Fox didn't know it was on. Majority of FGer would of known that kick wasn't on so wouldn't expect it.

But I have never denied he can be good with a HB next to him, but some fuckwits on here ignore his fuck ups and blame everything on flamingo.
every player fucks up.
I just wish people would wait until we get our team back (and a decent 1/2 ) and then lets judge what we have.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
every player fucks up.
I just wish people would wait until we get our team back (and a decent 1/2 ) and then lets judge what we have.
The loss wasn't only on him and I'm not suggesting that.

But even with a full team that play was wrong and cost us Fox for 6-8 weeks. It wasn't a set play and nobody knew it was happening except Burton.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What are the contributing factors?
Ciraldo, Gould and others would like to know.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton captaincy was basically a gamble that followed this logic:"give him responsibility he will lift" nope that doesnt work, this isnt U10s. Also 2nd year in and showed zero signs of leadership.

King shouldve been captain.

Ciraldo fucked this one. But ill accept it cause it seems hes getting a lot right otherwise.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score

But even with a full team that play was wrong and cost us Fox for 6-8 weeks. It wasn't a set play and nobody knew it was happening except Burton.
To be fair it was his first short kick of the game and it did not roll on at all, did you see the chunk of turf fox's boot stuck into. That's what caused the injurie. And on that can anyone tell me what the go with Accor stadium is turf looks soft as fuck has it been raining there all week? Sunday nights game looked very similar. Need to upgrade the drainage

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

How can you say that play cost us JAC. He could have slipped in the bathroom.
What about Pele last week, who passed it to him and caused that.
Where do you stop.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's never Thurston. I complimented him for stepping up in the backend of the game last week but the reality is he does fuck all for the majority of the game and relies on kicks for everything. I keep saying it but his ball playing is non existent. He's a fucking shit 5/8.
Oh well he’s the 5/8th for team you support for many years so bad luck. Suck it up

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Oh well he’s the 5/8th for team you support for many years so bad luck. Suck it up
Guess we aren't winning anything unless Karl develops into one of the best halves in the game then.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Burton captaincy was basically a gamble that followed this logic:"give him responsibility he will lift" nope that doesnt work, this isnt U10s. Also 2nd year in and showed zero signs of leadership.

King shouldve been captain.

Ciraldo fucked this one. But ill accept it cause it seems hes getting a lot right otherwise.
Rubbish, Mahoney is also leading the team around, as it showed today.
Where did Burton go wrong today? He plays with his heart on his sleeve.
Did you see after the intercept try that he brushed his team mates to get back to the kick so we could get back at them.
Or do you only see something he might not have done?

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The real truth about Burton’s abilities lies somewhere in the middle of crittamagic and B trains comments

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How can you say that play cost us JAC. He could have slipped in the bathroom.
What about Pele last week, who passed it to him and caused that.
Where do you stop.
Everyone is sooking because we got belted. Who cares! We’ve had the shortest turn around for a game, we got like 10 players out with injuries and suspension, we got new players debuting every week so the cohesion is going to diminish, our halfback has not produced 1 try assist all year to help his No.6 out a little bit, Souths had a hard on for this game all week because they were coming off a loss and Fatrell’s 150th game(I’m surprised they didn’t bring out the bell) and to top it off that scumbag Sutton just hates us.

We were pushing shit uphill today. Everyone needs to take a chill pill.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What are the contributing factors?
Ciraldo, Gould and others would like to know.
Bro, they are just humans. They make mistakes too.

But its a stalemate, can't take it off him now otherwise we will do a tigers...