Opinion Burton does not deserve to be captain.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You can’t single him out for that performance but we ain’t getting bang for buck that’s for sure unlike hynes
You can, his first half was horrific

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's funny you look at other fan forums and Reddit and a lot of them question Burton's ability as a 5/8 yet our fans here are balls deep in him lolololol
Because you offer zero solutions and the club is going in this direction so buckle up.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burton will be one of our great captains. He’s doing ok. Had us in the 8 for the first time in many years.

Just mark your qoute for a year or two from now, and then give it to a couple of absolute shockers on here. Starting with suckanaverillimarley….

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So you make a thread after the game last week praising him and now after a loss you’re criticising him? Are you a fan on a weekly basis if we win?
I praised him for stepping up yet still criticised aspects of his game. He then backed that up with absolute shit today. Not a captain or 5/8.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because you offer zero solutions and the club is going in this direction so buckle up.
I did. I said ages ago would shouldn't re-sign him on mega dollars because 5/8's like him aren't worth it, halfbacks are. At the very least we should've prioritised another experienced proven spine player (like we did with Mahoney) because there's almost always the next big running half breaking through and in the end we signed exactly that before a ball was kicked this season in Karl.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How the fuck is today's loss Burton's fault? Wow this forum is cooked sometimes..

Not finding touch was bad and it was a turning point in the game. Latrell also failed to find touch kicking for the same sideline in the 2nd half..

Burton also scored 2 tries and should have set up another if not for an obstruction call. He didn't play great today. Then again the whole team didn't either. I suppose that's Burton's fault too

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How the fuck is today's loss Burton's fault? Wow this forum is cooked sometimes..

Not finding touch was bad and it was a turning point in the game. Latrell also failed to find touch kicking for the same sideline in the 2nd half..

Burton also scored 2 tries and should have set up another if not for an obstruction call. He didn't play great today. Then again the whole team didn't either. I suppose that's Burton's fault too
His effort and performance in the first half was disgusting. Continually fucked up to the point where he ghosted and the game blew out. Not a 5/8, not a captain. Not good enough.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His effort and performance in the first half was disgusting. Continually fucked up to the point where he ghosted and the game blew out. Not a 5/8, not a captain. Not good enough.
And the other 16 players? Why is Burton the first person to blame every game and when we lost by 34? Flanno was horrible. Averillo was horrible. Perham was horrible. Even Kiraz was quiet today. I can't think of anyone that played well.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Seriously mate this place is ridiculous... He's a hero last week he's a dud this week. What did everyone expect? We are down 12 fkn troops against a bias ref and short turn around. Ridiculous

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And the other 16 players? Why is Burton the first person to blame every game and when we lost by 34? Flanno was horrible. Averillo was horrible. Perham was horrible. Even Kiraz was quiet today. I can't think of anyone that played well.
Because he is on big $$$$$ & isn't earning it. He is so inconsistant

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seriously mate this place is ridiculous... He's a hero last week he's a dud this week. What did everyone expect? We are down 12 fkn troops against a bias ref and short turn around. Ridiculous
Like I said, the whole team was flat and ran out of steam after 25 minutes. We didn't have the ball for about 30 minutes straight in the 2nd half and had a man binned with a try disallowed before that where Burton did well but it's all Burton's fault we lost by 34 even though he scored 2 tries... Interesting..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because he is on big $$$$$ & isn't earning it. He is so inconsistant
He is inconsistent. But he was not the reason we lost by 34 today. Having no pack, a 5 day turnaround and losing Fox in the first 10 minutes were all far bigger issues. As is Flanagan and Perham not knowing how to or being able to throw simple passes.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
100%
Captain should always lead by his actions and Burtons effort and body language in defence is fucking atrocious.
Mahoney should be the sole captain and King the vice captain.