Opinion Burton a flop?

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lol burton is a good player, give them time, we played all of the top 4 teams, Barrett is a major problem not Burton.
Stop making excuses man .

It doesn’t matter if you play a good team or a shut team with the mistakes he’s made and todays error cost us greatly

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and if you ve supported the club for 30 years you are clueless to call someone a flop after 6 games when we have a team thats got some of the dumbest nrl players going, we had 5 sets in 40 minutes after the sinbin, he was then moved to centre, any halfback would struggle in this side
Settle princess

Why shouldn’t Burton be excluded from criticism when he’s been woeful .

I’ve supported this club for over 30 years and have earned my right to criticise players.

Sherwin who was a winger who was one of our best halfbacks , not because he had the natural talent but because he was great at what he did and he desire to compete .

Burton is failing to inspire , not cause of the mistakes he’s making but cause his mistakes look like he has no idea what he’s doing

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s because he has unlimited potential and the others don’t
Says who? Because he played well for the Premiers? Look how bad he's playing for us, who's to say our so called bad players wouldn't look good playing for Penrith?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's not terrible, just playing in a crap team with a shit coach. Swap him and Luai and he'll be partnering Cleary in Origin.

Same goes with JAC. Put him back in Melbourne and he'll be leading the try tally. Put Coates back at Brisbane and he'll be dropping balls and letting tries in.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You're exactly right.. every nrl player reads the kennel, sees posts like this and thinks "fuck that, I'll just hang here at Penrith, Melbourne, roosters etc and maybe win a comp. I aint putting up with threads like that!"
But that can read posts like yours and get inspired [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He's not terrible, just playing in a crap team with a shit coach. Swap him and Luai and he'll be partnering Cleary in Origin.

Same goes with JAC. Put him back in Melbourne and he'll be leading the try tally. Put Coates back at Brisbane and he'll be dropping balls and letting tries in.
Nick Meaney & Reimis Smith look like solid week in week out first graders at the Storm.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Rounds 1-6

1 try assist
2 line break assist
4 penalties
6 errors

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
and if you ve supported the club for 30 years you are clueless to call someone a flop after 6 games when we have a team thats got some of the dumbest nrl players going, we had 5 sets in 40 minutes after the sinbin, he was then moved to centre, any halfback would struggle in this side
He’s definitely a flop in the halves .

Not as a centre

Cheers mate

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton hasn't lived upto the hype because people were expecting his form in a park footy team, people won't admit it, as the truth about how shit we are will kick in.

Kiks and Mahoney next year will be exactly the same under the same system. Fox is proof, he's gone from a superstar to a typical bulldog.

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thank god you are not an NRL coach
Haha well not to brag I actually posted a recommended team and got emailed by the bulldogs them self for helping recommend a team which they went with.They actually gave me credit and invited me and my friend to attend a bulldogs training session cause of it in 2011
I told them to put Ben barba , Martin taupau,Joel Romelo and I forgot the other player and then on the line up exactly my team was picked and got over 24 likes for it! And we also got the win so yea I ain’t a football coach never claim to be but I do have a unique idea which I posted. and the dogs and the kennel back then liked and thanked me and I got to sit next to Kevin Moore and have a good chat while the players were running drills and had actually those players who I said to pick come up to me and thank me! And if you think it’s bullshit then I only wish you knew me personally cause Ben barba martin taupau still say hello if they see me. I actually went to McKay Queensland and was hanging with Ben barba for a while there so I’m sure I have more of a idea then you would cause let’s face it everyone that’s saying stick to the same team it don’t work! We keep losing and badly so we need a change up of players and possibly the coach!

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's been terrible overall, no doubt, but his bombs/long kicking have been fucking awesome