Opinion Burton a flop?

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He gets SFA quality ball and yet you expect him to create miracles. Burton is far from being the problem. JMK with his turtle like service from dummy half and Josh Jackson invariably at first receiver is one of the main issues.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
The coach is clueless to the problems. He doesn’t see or know what the problems are. So there is no solution coming.

The hooker is slow and predictable. He is the 16th ranked starting hooker in the NRL. He would be closer to the 25th ranking hooker with many 2nd options better than him.

The captain unfortunately is untouchable. The captain needs to go. He is a liability to the team performance.

Burton has been basically double teamed every game. A lack of a 7 & 9 as a foils has seen his threat all but nullified. He is a talent that has been shutdown by poor recruitment in the key areas.
Yep, while it’s obvious watching from home, I went to the game last week and pointed out to a couple of Panthers mates to watch the difference between API and JMK at each play the ball and asked them to tell me what they saw.
Can’t pass off the ground, has to stand up. Passes not hitting the target, taking the wrong man/option time and again. Even not getting to the play the ball quickly enough a lot of the time - really crucial dummy half basics that he just sucks at.
We know all of this but was interesting to hear them mention it all as opposition supporters who only really watch him when we play them.

If they could see it straight away, what the fuck are Baz and co doing? I get that people who have watched Cook in reggies say that he is unsound defensively but have we really got no other option this year? Mahoney seems like forever away - JMK is THE biggest problem on the field and while I’ve refrained from the Baz bashing until now, this one is 100% on him.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Stop making excuses man .

It doesn’t matter if you play a good team or a shut team with the mistakes he’s made and todays error cost us greatly
Ok so he’s a shit player and doesn’t have the talent to play for the blues and/or his country!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's a massive part of that rabble right now.
Don’t you know Burton can’t do any wrong LOL.. people will defend him even though he has been absolute piss poor for the last 3-4 weeks. Missing tackles, dropping balls, miss queued kicks and getting caught with the ball time and time again on the 4th but apparently that’s all the teams fault and not his own

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Even Thurston would look average amongst this shit-show.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Imagine if Jake was playing 5/8, would be numerous threads absolutely smashing him haha.
People still smashing him after today even when i think he played his role nicely.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine if Jake was playing 5/8, would be numerous threads absolutely smashing him haha.
Bro 100% and I was one of those guys who was critical of Jake and called him out when he played shit, that's why I'll do the same time and time again when our other halves do the same. If it's good for one then it's good for the other.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He gets SFA quality ball and yet you expect him to create miracles. Burton is far from being the problem. JMK with his turtle like service from dummy half and Josh Jackson invariably at first receiver is one of the main issues.
Take your rose petal glasses off mate .

If he was a gun , it would show .

I watched a few reserve grade panthers games when he was the halves and it’s the same thing we see in NRL , rubbish .

Do you you honestly feel like there’s anything going to happen when he gets the ball in the attacking quarter ??

I think it’s a perfect example of a good player looking great in a fantastic team last year