burton 10 year deal

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was waiting for Burton to show us what he's got and today he did, club needs to lock him up because its clear as day that he's got his confidence and with it stellar form.
No waiting from me in terms of extending his contract on marquee dollars. He’s a rare talent that has been a victim of poor coaching playing under poor structures.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yh his ball playing definitely needs a lot of work but his kicking game can kind of carry him while he's developing that.
If he stays fairly consistent with his kicking game, say no worse than 80% of what he did today for most of the games left in the season, he will just about be able to lay claim to being one of top 3 players for kicking game in the comp. If his kicking game is pretty much at this level for most of the rest of the games of the season he will be able to claim best kicking game in the comp. Today was incredibly good, topped off by the perfectly weighted kick into the ingoal for the last try while on the run.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Those that were bagging Burton should hang their heads in shame.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don’t even get angry when we make 25m sets these days cos I know his boot is getting us out of dodge [emoji23] [emoji23]
His boot is ridiculous, we can basically rest an entire set and rely on his boot and a strong kick chase to bury the opposition in their own half.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s been excellent

I want to see him take the line on more now /his running game
I’m sure that will come bro. We’ve already seen glimpses of it, the try against the raiders when he took the line on and scored, how he backed up TPJ against the tigers and scored, how he hit the line off the JMK pass against the panthers and scored, even earlier on I think against the broncos he took the line on and went over but got held up. He’s got it in him, we’ll see it more and more as he gets more experienced in the no.6 and when we got a decent no.7 to help him. The guy is a keeper! His short attacking kicking game is out of this world, not to mention his bombs and also very capable 40/20 kicker.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His boot is ridiculous, we can basically rest an entire set and rely on his boot and a strong kick chase to bury the opposition in their own half.
The rest of the team are finally getting the idea that they need to get into line and put in a decent kick chase, it is a huge advantage. As is also the kicks for touch off the penalties. We didn't get too many penalties, but every time we did Burto had us starting our set from well inside the opposition half. I think the least meterage he gained was 35, the most 50+. Keep this up and opposition teams will be putting "don't give away penalties" as the top line on their tip sheet.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Telling you exactly what I just got told.

Off course I'll pass on any legit info I get.
I don’t get why people actually believe fox sports and believe Burton wants out. You can see the passion in his face when things go right! Him and JAC love the club and the fans and the more we win the happier they will be!

Just think, next year Burto has Mahoney feeding him the ball and Kikau smashing that left side to pieces with decoys and solo runs. Pretty much the dream for Burton!

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s good that you’re finally seeing his worth and value and how and a premiership winning team can be built around this super talent. It would be beyond tragic to lose him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If he stays fairly consistent with his kicking game, say no worse than 80% of what he did today for most of the games left in the season, he will just about be able to lay claim to being one of top 3 players for kicking game in the comp. If his kicking game is pretty much at this level for most of the rest of the games of the season he will be able to claim best kicking game in the comp. Today was incredibly good, topped off by the perfectly weighted kick into the ingoal for the last try while on the run.
Him and JAC building chemistry is massive for us, when the winger is up and there's space in behind they're both thinking the same thing and it's very hard to defend it when they both act so quickly on it. The same with the final try, the execution was obviously great but the important bit was Burton knowing where Jake was without even having to look and both of them being on the same wavelength. This type of understanding has been lacking at the club for years and it's good we're finally seeing it now.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Build the club around him. This guy is something special! Averillo, Burton & Mahoney could be our spine for the next 10 years.
If Averillo can work out at FB then all we need is a halfback and our spine is complete

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s good that you’re finally seeing his worth and value and how and a premiership winning team can be built around this super talent. It would be beyond tragic to lose him.
I always saw his value, I just wanted to see him act on it and to not blow our budget like Newcastle did with Ponga until he did so.