Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How's their salary cap going ?
Won't matter. They will and have done ANYTHING to get him back. Player discontent though will be massive as guys will need to be moved on to accommodate Sammy "The Dual International superstar' and iron man who played a grand final with the discomfort of a smashed face; that is of course if everything is above board and properly reported and third party deals will need to be ( have already been) brokered . He will not be playing for peanuts that is for sure.

Don't be fooled by the fact they have lost Stewart and Luke, they have ensured they resigned a stack of players and new deals would have been done for them after the GF victory last year. What a MASSIVE surprise and of course it was only a coincidence that Shane Richardson was in England and James Packer is bankrolling the club in part. He and Russell will no doubt have little problem in assisting forking out the transfer fee that will need to be payed. Has renewed my faith once again in the NRL as a transparent and fair sporting body...NOT!!!

Pardon me if I seem bitter and discontented with this. Souths made sure that they had first and last play at him and no other club was ever going to have a chance at him. The war chest ( if it is still even in existence with the unfortunate demise of one Dave Smith)) may get its first recipient. What a coup, what a surprise that the NRL now have their man. Such a circus but not unexpected. Bring on the Souths wankfest with renewed vigour.

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/player-movements/#pQKXsYM9sOa61Dhr.97

2016 Gains: Damien Cook (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, 2017), Darren Nicholls (Mid Season: Brisbane Broncos, 2016), Michael Oldfield (Catalan Dragons, 2016)
2016 Losses: Ben Lowe (retired), Issac Luke (New Zealand Warriors), Glenn Stewart (Catalan Dragons)
Re-Signed: George Burgess (2018), Thomas Burgess (2018), Bryson Goodwin (2017), Aaron Gray (2017), Chris Grevsmuhl (2016), Alex Johnston (2017), Luke Keary (2016), Cameron McInnes (2017), Cameron Murray (2019), Adam Reynolds (2017), Kyle Turner (2017), David Tyrrell (2017)
Off Contract 2015: Kirisome Auva'a, Jack Gosiewski, Sam Manuleleua, Sione Masima, Daryl Millard, Ed Murphy, John Olive, Wartovo Puara, Joel Reddy, Scott Sorensen, Setefano Taukafa, Thompson Teteh http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/player-movements/#pQKXsYM9sOa61Dhr.97

Read more at http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/player-movements/#7yHSlvPKQD82SuSZ.99

Apparently David Minute has now already signed with Souths as depth.

The players off contract are basically all the Neville no names and dead wood and would have more than likely been cut loose anyway. Add to the list of re-signed and new the guys already contracted anyway and you have a 'cost effective ( cough cough) squad.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
**** you bunnys and roosters always rotting the cap

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Channel 9 is putting on lipstick and knee pads as you read this.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Channel 9 is putting on lipstick and knee pads as you read this.
Along with Russel Crowe and James Douglas Packer. It's going to be an all in lovefest and the lube will be flowing.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Once Johns wakes up, he'll be blowing several loads over this.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I say it's time to strip Bupa of the captaincy, let him get his mongrel back and let him finish the job he started in that south's wankfest of a Grand Final!!!

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And now the w*nkfest will begin again in high gear.

How long until we here b@llocks like he's the heart and soul of the Souffs team.

I'm beginning to feel ill just thinking about it. Next trick.... Hayne to the Rorters, although probably not for next season.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I say it's time to strip Bupa of the captaincy, let him get his mongrel back and let him finish the job he started in that south's wankfest of a Grand Final!!!

I can't wait till we let Graham loose on him. He's like his nemesis

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really hope Channel 9 use him as a voice over for their first match of the season like they did for SBWs return - said no one ever

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
And now the w*nkfest will begin again in high gear.

How long until we here b@llocks like he's the heart and soul of the Souffs team.

I'm beginning to feel ill just thinking about it. Next trick.... Hayne to the Rorters, although probably not for next season.
Make no mistake this won't be a wank fest it will be the worlds biggest bukkake party

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Mr Invis also said he wasn't coming back :P.

Let's see who moves on now. I expect a couple out of Walker, Grant, McQueen and a couple random ones maybe.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Raelene needs to get on the phone and enquire about Dylan walker.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what ever happens to clubs not being able to announce signings until after the cooling off period?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That'll just about do me to be honest. We seem to be the ONLY club in the NRL that is actually abiding by the salary cap rules, because we spend $1 over, and we cop a hammering.

I'm getting sick to death of the NRL casting a blind eye over blantant cap rorting amongst clubs at the moment.

THIS COMES AS NO COINCIDENCE

Claim as he might, Shane Richardson (ex CEO of Rabbitohs), just so happens to head over to the UK as whispers of Burgess coming back to Australia start, and a few days into his UK trip, amazingly this gets announced.

Sorry but I don't buy it.

“There will not be any money from the NRL to sign Sam Burgess, I will confirm that absolutely,” Richardson told Fairfax Media.

“It’s bulls**t.

“I have been appointed to the RLIF board and I am here for the meeting in Paris this week.

“I am not here for any other reason and I am not involved in any negotiations to bring Sam Burgess back, although if I can help in any way I will.”
The only bullsh*t is that we are expected to believe that. I wonder how much the NRL secretly contributed to his return, given that they were happy to turn a blind eye to his "transfer fee" back.

It's about time the NRL made all clubs salary caps (and players salaries) public, to put an end to this blatant rorting.

EITHER WAY, with Inglis's knees now bone on bone and at the end of their career, Issac Luke gone, and an injury in the halves away from a sh*t season, I can't see Burgrub's return making as big an impact as everyone assumes.

I'm just pissed off at the underhanded way this has obviously been done.

Mr Invis also said he wasn't coming back :P.

Let's see who moves on now. I expect a couple out of Walker, Grant, McQueen and a couple random ones maybe.
Yes, based on what his coach from Bath was saying... it was quoted in my "hes not coming back" comments.

I guess this means the end of Chris McQueen, Tim Grant, Dylan Walker, and Kirisome Aua'va at Souths... not that au'ava has re-signed yet.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I am very curious to see who leaves Souths over this. There is no way Souths planned for Sams return, and there is no way they just happened to have 1.5M a year spare in their cap for 2016.

If no one rolls out, there will be some serious eyebrows raised. They are already denying Walker is walking.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i believe a lot ceos and head honchos in both the nrl and the clubs will do dodgy deals if they know they can get away way with it - how ever i believe Raelene wont even contemplate playing those sought of dodgy games which is why we are currently struggling in this corrupt system - However this is also why i believe she would make the best ceo for the nrl and the overall good of the game. i believe she would bring both accountability and transcendence to the the nrl and its clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.