Bullfrog Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was just listening to the Triple M Friday Footy panel and I walked in half way through a story being told by Joey Johns.

The story basically went Bullfrog was at a Junior Rugby League day with all the Rugby League selectors and talent scouts looking for new talent. Apparently there was a stand out kid, playing brilliantly.

So Bullfrog invited all the selectors and talent scouts out for dinner that night, and he didn’t turn up. He was out having dinner with the kid and his mum.

I missed the beginning of the story, does anyone know this story and know who the player was?

I thought if anyone would know it would be someone from here.

Thanks in Advance

Luv the growler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was just listening to the Triple M Friday Footy panel and I walked in half way through a story being told by Joey Johns.

The story basically went Bullfrog was at a Junior Rugby League day with all the Rugby League selectors and talent scouts looking for new talent. Apparently there was a stand out kid, playing brilliantly.

So Bullfrog invited all the selectors and talent scouts out for dinner that night, and he didn’t turn up. He was out having dinner with the kid and his mum.

I missed the beginning of the story, does anyone know this story and know who the player was?

I thought if anyone would know it would be someone from here.

Thanks in Advance
Heard a similar story about Terry Lamb...he invited all the CEO's round his place for dinner and went to Terry Lamb's place to get his signature...

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bullfrog was renowned for this. Could be Steve Price. I know that CEO's were waiting for Andrew Farrar to come back from a School Boy UK tour, when Bullfrog snuck under their guard, traveled to Singapore and signed him to a contract at the airport.

Bullfrog is the shrewdest CEO the game has seen and the reason why the Bulldogs continue as a club.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I loved Peter Moore. When he was here I always had faith we'd win a title every few years. Too bad I feel the opposite about his son.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
If he was renowned for this, why did people keep accepting his dinner invitations?

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Bullfrog was renowned for this. Could be Steve Price. I know that CEO's were waiting for Andrew Farrar to come back from a School Boy UK tour, when Bullfrog snuck under their guard, traveled to Singapore and signed him to a contract at the airport.

Bullfrog is the shrewdest CEO the game has seen and the reason why the Bulldogs continue as a club.
Now Days we give permission for our signed players to go wine and dine with Newcastle & Gold Coast LOL

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Now Days we give permission for our signed players to go wine and dine with Newcastle & Gold Coast LOL
Bullfrog would be turning in his grave....but I have faith in his son to lead the legacy......we will do well this year.......after tonite we will be 4/6...not a bad effort i say

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Bullfrog would be turning in his grave....but I have faith in his son to lead the legacy......we will do well this year.......after tonite we will be 4/6...not a bad effort i say
Let's hope so! It's POURING in North Sydney Atm. Take your wet weather gear guys!
Do the Bulldogs ever play in dry conditions anymore???

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Metropolitan area

Partly cloudy. The chance of afternoon showers developing in the east. Winds southeast to southwesterly averaging up to 20 km/h.

Hopefully the rain will stay in the east. I'm in the St merge area and no rain so far.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It looks like sh1t outside. I was excited. I was thinking it was going to be my first dry game for 2011. Guess not hey. Hopefully rain stays away otherwise level 4 is looking good :p

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Steve Price.
You sure? He never mentioned anything about that in his autobiography. Price was originally being looked at by the Bronco's however when they saw Webke they decided to take him instead.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Let's hope so! It's POURING in North Sydney Atm. Take your wet weather gear guys!
Do the Bulldogs ever play in dry conditions anymore???
haha my missus works in north sydney told me the same............. i work in botany and no rain yet......but has lookd like pissing down since 3 hours ago..........
definately chilling in level 4 tonite....

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
You sure? He never mentioned anything about that in his autobiography. Price was originally being looked at by the Bronco's however when they saw Webke they decided to take him instead.
Am I sure ?

Well I was until now ... I haven't read Pricey's book.

I recall hearing his mum said words to the effect of "Stephen you're going to the Bulldogs !" .... help me clear it up, is that in the book ?

Status
Not open for further replies.