News Bulldogs young gun Jake Averillo front-runner for new starting spot

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Allan is a shit winger and I hope we never play him there, miles better @ fullback. Hasn't played much centre but apparently trained there this preseason with Souths and on paper looks suited to the role, could easily see him inside of JAC on the left.
So ... if Burton comes you'd then say Av to fullback and then Allen to centre?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Writing is on the wall for him. Halves for 2022 onwards are Flanagan and Burton. I don’t blame him to be honest, it would be shithouse.
Writing is on the wall or it's a great challenge? It all depends on how you look at it, and a great player would stand up and say FUCK YOU. I CAN DO THIS!

If I were Wakeham I'd be training the fucking house down to prove a point. If he isn't like Mr Jackson said then adios. Competition makes good players great. It's a necessary part of being successful anywhere in life.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one game he played his favoured position of 5/8 he looked extremely dangerous in attack. This blokes instinct will do wonders for the team we have this year and the coming years.

He isn’t a centre imo
I'm a little bit worried that the way we are building up Averillo at 5/8 is the kind of weaponry that Ivan Cleary could use against us to try to persuade Burton to renege his contract against us or it could make Burton's manager pull his finger out and get an early release from the Panthers I hope It's the latter, because as good as we think Averillo is Burton has already proved he is a strike weapon at 5/8, this is why we fought so hard to sign him up and the Panthers are to scared to hand him over to us.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He will play well at 6 this year, will be demoted when Burton arrives. Then he will play 1 more year with us in various positions before moving on to another club like the Cowboys to play 6. Just the way I see it playing out, he's not really an ideal option at centre tbh.
Jonathan Thurston ring a bell anyone.....??

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
here's hoping for 2022 -

1. Averillo;
2. Addo-Carr;
3. Cotric;
4. Allan;
5. Okunbor;
6. Burton;
7. Flanagan;
1. Allan
2. Addo Carr
3. Alamoti
4. Cotric
5. Okunbor
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
14. Averillo
That’s 2022 calling it now!
1. Burton
2. DWZ
3. Cotric
4. Allen
5. JAC
6. Lewis
7. Flanagan
14. Averillo
@BEAST MODE just had heart attack

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Avo is not like JT. JT in NSW Cup had the ball on a string. You could see he was on another level. Avo hasn't dominated in the same way. Really if he is good enough, he will get the position. No different to Burton's situation at the Panthers. Not at the level of those in front of him currently, but too good to just let go to a rival.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not even close to a comparison.

Thurston was a guaranteed superstar in the making and it was the worst recruitment decision by the Bulldogs in my 40years of following the Bulldogs.

Averillo has some talent and may develop into a good player. He is a long way from where JT was when we made the decision to sign Anasta instead.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahahaha it is worrying man 11% voted Lewis 5/8 fuck me hahahhaa
That only equates to 94 people voting for him.
Im guessing a few dummy accounts & personalities from him along with some family members & friends and he is at that number...nothing to be too concerned about