Official Bulldogs vs Sharks Pre-season Challenge - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That bench has no forward impact, this looks like CC preferred team, IMO, we need TPJ coming off the bench. I think Pele is still a bit unfit but when he gets an opportunity he has to take it

Dogs Rule

Kennel Established
Reaction score
FIRST 13
No surprises, the only question was which 2 middles would start over TPJ, Sutton & Thompson.
Alamoti for mine still has the biggest question mark in regards to being ready for a full season of 1st grade. I hope he is.

I assume our bench will always consist of the following

1 x Utility
2 x Middle Forwards
1 x Edge Forward

BENCH
2 x Middles

I believe Waddell's days as an edge forward are numbered & he will exclusively play as a middle. He has the size to do that, he just needs to get rid of the shit from his game. I think he edges out Pele only based on fitness at this stage. Apart from Pele, no other Big Bopper stood out as a middle threat on Sunday. Depth in our Middle is our 2nd biggest issue behind Half Back IMO. The only other option with some merit is start Preston Or Davey & Push RFM to the Middle.

The other middle bench spot was always going to be one of either Sutton, TPJ or Thompson depending on which 2 started & King has definitely earnt his starting spot.

1 x Edge Forward

The edge forward bench spot seems to be a race in 2 with Davey & Preston. Perhaps CC & Gus are just putting a bit of a lid on the hype around Preston after his outstanding club debut, just to keep him in check. I have no doubt if fit he will eventually be one player who will always be picked in the top 17. Topine might be the third edge to challenge these 2 for this one spot but seems a peg below.

1 x Utility

I think for now the 14 Utility spot & the 18th man spot will be rotated between Grub & Nu. They can cover the halves, hooker & lock. My only concern is who would cover center if required & if one of these 2 could show that they are capable of doing that then they would get the nod over the other if of course none of our edge forwards could cover center.

18TH MAN

What will be interesting come round one is who will CC pick as 18th man because the the new HIA 2 Concussion replacement rule IMO will mean that it is essentially going to be a 5 man bench, as every coach will manipulate the rules to get an extra fresh man into the game when required.

I don't think that a clubs own HIA assessment team can be overruled by the independent doctor if they have ruled (wink wink, nudge nudge) a player out of the game with a HIA and I believe that this will intern result in every team rorting the system. This will become a big blow up at some time through the season.

This position is the big unknown -
Do we go for another utility here???
Do we go for another Big Middle like Pele & pre plan to use him for a 10 to 15 min burst???
Do we go for another big body who could can cover center & edge forward like Skelton or perhaps Preston can fill this role???

So far, I like what I see.

Bring on round 1.

Go The Dogs!!!
Would have someone such as Topine as 18th man... Literally covers most positions

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waddell must bring his Mrs to training every week or something. Surely he isn't picked round 1
He works the joint down and plays big minutes .... also appears to have cut the brain snaps.

Players who do the hard stuff are not appreciated by many on the TK. Bet his teammates do.

Can't have a team of Flash Harry's.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looking at pack, very attack dominant. Be ok if we have the ball, we’re cooked if don’t have it early. Thompson be making a lot of tackles I think.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LMFAO… It’s the second trial team list after we won all grades week 1, and some dickheads on here are already smashing Ciraldo..

FMD, get a grip. Let’s see how we look this week.

Ellie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everyone seems to be leaving out patalo. Hoping his fit

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Prop and lock are both middle forwards.
You say that Waddell can't play prop, only lock, it's pretty much the same position.
We don't have a ball playing lock like Yeo or Murray so they're all just middle forwards.
Locks are props or second rowers that ball play, Waddell is neither.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
LMFAO… It’s the second trial team list after we won all grades week 1, and some dickheads on here are already smashing Ciraldo..

FMD, get a grip. Let’s see how we look this week.
Nobody pronounces his name correctly and he doesn't pull them up on it. How am I supposed to trust a man like that?

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prop and lock are both middle forwards.
You say that Waddell can't play prop, only lock, it's pretty much the same position.
We don't have a ball playing lock like Yeo or Murray so they're all just middle forwards.
I think RFM could play as a ball playing lock. But other than that we don’t have anyone really in that style

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
View attachment 65169
1. Hayze Perham
2. Jacob Kiraz
3. Jake Averillo
4. Paul Alamoti
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Matt Burton
7. Kyle Flanagan
8. Max King
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Tevita Pangai Junior
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Luke Thompson

14. Josh Reynolds
15. Ryan Sutton
16. Andrew Davey
17. Corey Waddell

19. Jeral Skelton
20. Jackson Topine
21. Jacob Preston
22. Braidon Burns
23. Jayden Tanner
24. Khaled Rajab
25. Jayden Okunbor
26. Ryan Gray
27. Franklin Pele

View attachment 65171
1. William Kennedy
2. Sione Katoa
3. Jesse Ramien
4. Siosifa Talakai
5. Ronaldo Mulitalo
6. Matt Moylan
7. Nicho Hynes
8. Toby Rudolf
9. Blayke Brailey
10. Royce Hunt
11. Briton Nikora
12. Teig Wilton
13. Dale Finucane

14. Cameron McInnes
15. Wade Graham
16. Oregon Kaufusi
17. Braden Hamlin-Uele

18. Braydon Trindall
19. Jack Williams
20. Mawene Hiroti
21. Jesse Colquhoun
22. Jayden Berrell
23. Niwhai Puru
24. Thomas Hazelton
25. Kayal Iro
26. Daniel Atkinson
Both sides look strong, should be a great game. Also big fan of Jack Williams who can't get a run in first grade. Would gladly take him off Sharks hands if we don't end up keeping Thompson past 23

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine if that was our bench going into round 1.... I'd take a swing at Ciro
Yes he can't go with that bench surely. No impact at all. Needs Pele there somewhere. Preston too although I really think he should be starting. He could be the new Jacko. Good in attack and defence. Waddell offers absolutely nothing

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I would have thought that Preston and Pele kept their spots over Davey and Waddell based on last weekend’s performance. Other than that strong team
The way I read it is that Ciraldo is giving Waddell and Davey an opportunity to battle it out for the final bench spot... Hopefully that's the case.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The way I read it is that Ciraldo is giving Waddell and Davey an opportunity to battle it out for the final bench spot... Hopefully that's the case.
Didn't that injury end his career?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whether you like the team or not. We finally have a team to get excited about with genuine X-factors and game breakers. It’s been 5 years since that feeling.