Official Bulldogs vs Sharks Pre-season Challenge - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've been pretty harsh today, and we were bad, but I feel like if there's one thing we can give them is that all those piggy backs would have taken a huge toll on them... some will say we shouldn't blame the ref, and I'm not blaming him for the result, Cronulla were far better, but fmd there was a stage in the first half where the ref was absolutely smashing us for anything and everything.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flanagan again was terrible, he had opportunities to show some capacity to attack but did nothing. Mahoney will not be that bad again. Burton was pedestrian. Perham was terrible.

Brown would be a better option at 7. Averillo is still soft. Burns back to centre averillo to fb, hope he doesn't have to tackle.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What’s the logic behind it
I assume it's a fitness/attitude thing. Coach wants to push the players as hard as the data tells them they can be pushed. We now use the next few days as recovery, get into the grove and start the season "match fit".

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Waited all week to let these ***** ruin my end to a stinking hot weekend.
I could’ve had fun watching paint dry rather watching this trash.
Snowman enjoyed a hot weekend....there's some symmetry there.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seriously anyone but the Gun.

I tried to get behind him, I really did. He has disgraced the jersey, if that is him taking ownership of the team. That will do me.

It wasn't even highschool level, do highschool halfbacks get tackled on last jogging into the defence???

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe CC deliberately flogged them yesterday knowing we will definitely get pumped

Stops the media build up before round 1
Could be anything.. Basically rock bottom feeling after that game, the players looked very dejected on the bench at the end. Hopefully a lesson learnt before the season starts.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously anyone but the Gun.

I tried to get behind him, I really did. He has disgraced the jersey, if that is him taking ownership of the team. That will do me.

It wasn't even highschool level, do highschool halfbacks get tackled on last jogging into the defence???
He wasnt the issue today, we were poor all over the park.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you can't score inside the 20m zone that is on the halves
Remember Sharks had to score 2 of their 3 first half tries from kicks. Why isn't Shifty helping our guys. Sos Shifty. Also wtf is Halligan helping Hynes with his kicking goals? He should be helping us.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Positives - Preston, Nu Brown , Kiraz.

Negatives - Averillo , Perham , Flangan

2 spine positions a major issue.

Mahoney is a great player but was ordinary today.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He wasnt the issue today, we were poor all over the park.
Nah enough is enough. I am sick of spreading all the blame over the team. He is complete crap. A 33 year old outplayed him from the wilderness.

A 33 YEAR OLD FROM THE WILDERNESS!!!!

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume it's a fitness/attitude thing. Coach wants to push the players as hard as the data tells them they can be pushed. We now use the next few days as recovery, get into the grove and start the season "match fit".
Ive ready about the lactate test that Liverpool do under Klopp. Essentially they want to understand the furthest your body can go during dehydration before it hits the wall. Basically breaking you down and building back up to what is required. Not sure if this is the same thing but the boys did look fucked after 25mins however they kept pushing and hitting hard which was good to see. If this is what they are doing, it’s interesting to hear! Fitness is one of our biggest weakness over the last decade which impacts our defence.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look, let's be honest with ourselves.
It's just a trial.
We lost kik early.
And the sharks are a genuine top 4 and premiership contender.

They showed us what many of us already knew,
We are still off the pace with the top teams,
It's why I officially predicted us to finish 10th.

I thought we were very scrappy but that can improve
I was actually mostly disappointed with Burton.
Very quiet, didn't do much and Reed needs to concentrate on his handling.
And we desperately need a fullback and halfback.
That's the obvious take away
We certainly need to fix those 2 positions, the gun gave us just what I thought he would, I was also dissappointed with Perham at FB, IMHO Avo was much better than him last year and Burns was better than him last week.
We certainly need to strengthen our spine and our middles for 2024.