Official Bulldogs vs Raiders Pre-season Challenge - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as we look organised, kick chase, last tackle options, communication, not clunky. I will give that a pass, if it’s been about connection in the off season we want to see a team that knows their roles.
THIS IS THE ONLY METRIC! i dont give a fuck who wins or loses as long as there is some signs of a plan and cohesion/connection with the basics getting done right. This is also the metric for rounds 1-10 this season. SHOW ME STEADY SLOW IMPROVEMENTS AND BUILDING! DONT ONLY SHOW ME THE SAME SHIT 5th tackle static boring attacking options and shite defence.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
THIS IS THE ONLY METRIC! i dont give a fuck who wins or loses as long as there is some signs of a plan and cohesion/connection with the basics getting done right. This is also the metric for rounds 1-10 this season. SHOW ME STEADY SLOW IMPROVEMENTS AND BUILDING! DONT ONLY SHOW ME THE SAME SHIT 5th tackle static boring attacking options and shite defence.
Naaah i want to win!! :tearsofjoy:

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s a trial game with the main purpose to get players match fit and conditioned

The only worry should be injuries and anything else is off little concern
Yep Olam just broke his arm. Aint nobody got time for that

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is Ciraldo will be just looking for effort on the 1%ers, especially in defence and from the blokes on the fringe of round 1 selection. It's unrealistic to expect too much cohesion at this stage.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wighton playing in the All Stars is significant, as Canberra do rely a lot on him. Tapine not playing is also good for us!
Why? It’s a trial so result doesn’t matter. I would prefer to play against quality to test our players.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone else a little nervous?

Things I’m looking for:

- flanno to play a bit heads up, want to see him adjust his spacing to his outside men & kick well
- alamoti, just want him to be solid
- mahoneys service with what will probably be our starting middles, would love to see them play on the front foot
- see what the hype is around Preston

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo was pretty average at centre tbh but this is a better team now with a better coach
Mate he played centre between 2020 and 2022 in a handful of games. We won 7 games out of about 50 during that time.

Pretty fair to say that during that period the whole team was bog average

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate he played centre between 2020 and 2022 in a handful of games. We won 7 games out of about 50 during that time.

Jakey boy is rubbish if we are plying him near a 17 we are a bottom 4 side

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

The main thing that stood out for me with Averillo was he was not ready for fulltime fg. Forced to play him too soon due to lack of troops. He could use some reserve grade to develop against adults

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Things I’m looking for:

- flanno to play a bit heads up, want to see him adjust his spacing to his outside men & kick well
- mahoneys service with what will probably be our starting middles, would love to see them play on the front foot
Burns at fullback
Okunbor on the wing
Flanagan at halfback

are the biggest issues for me

I'm pretty confident in the rest of them at least doing a job

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Things I’m looking for:

Yes I'm so nervous I cashed out my multi :joycat: