Official Bulldogs vs Raiders Pre-season Challenge - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waddell is very close to making our top 17.
I don’t like him. But thought he went alright last year. Started the year strong. If he plays middle off the bench I think he’d be a better option then Pele. Pele worries me, can be a beast but only in short spurts. Can’t carry a forward like that in todays game.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t like him. But thought he went alright last year. Started the year strong. If he plays middle off the bench I think he’d be a better option then Pele. Pele worries me, can be a beast but only in short spurts. Can’t carry a forward like that in todays game.
Pele has had decent wraps on him from age 18 but has failed to deliver except for the odd utube highlight. From all reports at training is the same old story the guy is a beast but doesn’t have the desire or ability to take his fitness to nrl required standards.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree on Pele, he doesn't work anywhere near hard enough in defence and i cant see Ciraldo picking him until that changes. Will probably have to build match fitness in reserves before even getting an opportunity.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As well as RFM who is the Club Captain, Ogre and Mason spend every training session with the forwards, plus mentoring and one on ones outside of training. Zappy and Potter do the same with the backs. They are all available 24 hours a days if a player needs them.

If you haven't already, have a listen to The Bye Round Podcast with Mason, he talks a lot about how the players are being mentored and helped in any way.

Always a Bulldog
We really need these guys to put some mongrel in this pack and yeh I’m thinking Roy Masters slapping techniques.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's got a different body to most the squad..we probably will need him at stages during the year. Been saying this for a while. He's a fuckin penalty and error magnet though! Can't see Ciraldo picking him if he keeps that up
Waddell has always looked better through the middle than on an edge. He offers good pre and post contact metres, has an offload and doesn't mind doing work. As you said he's a penalty and error magnet but I'd like to hope playing reduced minutes might cut that out of his game. I'm guessing he's player 18/19 right now along with Davey as Preston seems to have edged ahead of both of them during preseason.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Waddell has always looked better through the middle than on an edge. He offers good pre and post contact metres, has an offload and doesn't mind doing work. As you said he's a penalty and error magnet but I'd like to hope playing reduced minutes might cut that out of his game. I'm guessing he's player 18/19 right now along with Davey as Preston seems to have edged ahead of both of them during preseason.
I agree - i think he would benefit from playing a more simple role - rather than having to make defensive decisions on the edge and trying to run into holes on the edge - just carting the ball through the middle and defend the middle.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hayze Perham stating fullback for the Maoris.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree - i think he would benefit from playing a more simple role - rather than having to make defensive decisions on the edge and trying to run into holes on the edge - just carting the ball through the middle and defend the middle.
He's a decent squad option to have, especially if the blokes ahead of him perform. If he was still at Panther he'd probably be a mainstay on the bench and have a couple of Premiership rings by now. As long as he doesn't have to play on an edge again lol.