Official Bulldogs vs Raiders NRL Trial - Sat 23rd Feb - Discussion Thread

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I doubt Lewie needs any competition. I haven’t seen a more enthusiastic young player in years. Pay doing his thing to create competition for spots can only be a good thing i guess. I would like to see how Cogger goes though but Lewie for me without a doubt. Hopefully he takes control even with Foran there would be a big plus.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foran will break by round 5. Best give Cogger as much exposure as possible

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
I doubt Lewie needs any competition. I haven’t seen a more enthusiastic young player in years. Pay doing his thing to create competition for spots can only be a good thing i guess. I would like to see how Cogger goes though but Lewie for me without a doubt. Hopefully he takes control even with Foran there would be a big plus.
Yeah, whilst I too would prefer to see Lewis start, I see it more as a 'show of good faith' for Cogger, rather than an "ego check" for Lewis. Not a bad move if that's the thought process.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Can someone please confirm the starting time @Mr Invisible you stated the raiders article said 5pm, but Nrl.com said 6pm. When I look at the NRL.com schedule is tells me 4pm. Note I'm in Qld so obviously we will see Iran hour earlier.
@Qld-Dog what do you think??
I'm planning my day around this. Lol
@flamebouyant I don't think even they know LOL .. So far I've seen: 4PM (NRL Schedule), 5PM (Raiders), 5:30PM (Bulldogs), 6PM (NRL.COM).

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Kennellers,

Long time reader, life long Bulldogs fan and first time poster!

Have seen a fair bit of the boys down here on the far south coast the last few days and thought I’d share my thoughts.

At meet and greet at Pambula SLC Thursday afternoon had a good chat with Napa, spoke glowingly of the club thus far and said feeling amongst group is really positive. He seemed relaxed and in a good head space. Jacko assured me they’d be super competitive this season and improve on last year. Nick Meaney is a really polite, friendly and well spoken kid who’s rapt to be at the club. Tolman was engaging said he can’t wait to rip in and thinks the squads well balanced, good blend of youth and experience.

Watched them train today at Tathra, Adam Elliot was in his element on his home turf. Great to see them doing plenty of ball work and passing. Based on the captains run looks as though Cogger and Foran start in the halves, Hoppa at the back, Montoya/Smith right side, Holland/Crichton left, Elliot lock, Jacko and RFM edges, front row Tolman, Napa and Lichaa.

Had a good chat with Dean after the session, said he’s starting Cogger to keep Lewis on his toes, doesn’t want him getting ahead of himself or thinking he’s an automatic selection. Cogger looked sharp, good talker and great hands/short passing game. Foran trained strongly, very professional and dedicated, but he does look stiff in his movements, hope he has a strong year but concerned it may be a case of mind willing, body not able.

Boys had dinner at the club and were playing barefoot bowls when I left. It’s obvious being around them how happy, united and positive they are as a group. I’m genuinely excited again about our future and proud to be a bulldog.

Will be at the trial in Bega tomorrow and probably down at the beach early Sunday morning to see them do a recovery session. Absolutely awesome for the local communities to have the Raiders and Bulldogs down here, it’s like Christmas all over again for my kids, and Dads been loving it as well!

Up the Doggies
Thanks for sharing M Man , I would be interested in your match report. Being at the game you will see things we don’t see in the live stream. Enjoy !

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
In qld too. So can we watch via dogs site or what? I am a member but not on nrl.com?
Yes I believe so, but you need to become a member on NRL.com. Don't worry it's free to sign up.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
REMINDER: To watch the stream of tomorrows game you NEED to register for an NRL.COM account beforehand.

Game streams in (up to) 1080p.
Just to confirm (as I did it yesterday to watch the Storm game).

1. Yes you need an NRL.com account. If you don't have one when you try and click PLAY on the stream, you get a popup asking for login.
2. It works in Firefox and Chrome without a problem.
3. It can stream at 1080p, and looks quite good.
4. There are commentators.
5. You do NOT need club membership to view it.
6. Signup is FREE and takes about 2 minutes, and you MUST use a legit email address (as they send an email to verify your address / account).
7. You can signup using your Facebook/Google account but it will demand access to your date of birth and personal details.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just tune in from like 4 or 5pm anyway and belt the refresh button like a red headed stepchild until it loads.

That's what I'm doing :D