Bulldogs vs Panthers Trial Info and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm watching it now.

Feel like To'omaga was the strongest of the front rowers (at least in the first half) for us.

One thing I noticed.. and picked up on it last week - alot of our young forwards get put on their back and almost seem light. Ogden I noticed this happen to him alot in both trials (still played well).
Renouf was awesome looks really powerful with great footwork at the line,definitely a prop now

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie Soward may want to review his NRL.COM article this morning.

Panthers 2018 Preview.... in which he claims Panthers will finish 5th LOL..
He claims the dogs will finish 11th. Every prediction is saying the dogs will not make the top 8. There is no way a fired up Deano is going to allow the dogs to miss the 8.

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just watched the Replay and can see why nu brown was sent home from training , his fitness is terrible and he just looks so lethargic on the field and even his passes aren't crisp , but it sounds like Pay has promised 1st crack at the utility spot to brown so we'll see how this plays out

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched the Replay and can see why nu brown was sent home from training , his fitness is terrible and he just looks so lethargic on the field and even his passes aren't crisp , but it sounds like Pay has promised 1st crack at the utility spot to brown so we'll see how this plays out
Nu Brown was pretty average in both trials. However, i am going to make a bald prediction and say he will be one of the standout players for the dogs this year. The dogs have missed having a utility player on the bench a lot in previous years. I strongly believe he will deliver that difference. He has a really supportive family and he is a pretty competitive player. I have high hopes for this bloke

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
17 for R1 likely to be

1. Mbye
2. B Moz
3. J Moz
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya
6. Frawley
7. Fozzy
8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. RFM
12. Jackson
13. Fualolo

14. Brown
15. Tolman
16. Eastwood
17. Elliott

Personally I would swap Tolman for Tualau or Ogden

I would swap Brown for MK
Agree except Frawley I'd swap him out for Lewis and brown was very good

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I sat behind the posts for the second half tonight (next to a very cranky Phil Gould) and our online defence was outstanding. Better still was the talk and attitude. There was 90 seconds to go and they were screaming at each other to keep the Panthers out. Considering it was a trial and the result was in the bag, their attitude was sensational. If we get beaten this year then the opposition will have to earn it.
That’s all we’re asking for CeeEss

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nu Brown was pretty average in both trials. However, i am going to make a bald prediction and say he will be one of the standout players for the dogs this year. The dogs have missed having a utility player on the bench a lot in previous years. I strongly believe he will deliver that difference. He has a really supportive family and he is a pretty competitive player. I have high hopes for this bloke
I thought he went ok against Penrith. Wasn't overplaying it like in the first trial.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nu Brown was pretty average in both trials. However, i am going to make a bald prediction and say he will be one of the standout players for the dogs tear. The dogs have missed having a utility player on the bench a lot in previous years. I strongly believe he will deliver that difference. He has a really supportive family and he is a pretty competitive player. I have high hopes for this bloke
I thought Nu'Brown was decent in the second trial. His service was great, put in some decent fill in 5/8 stuff, and scored a try. Lewis was a level above him though.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I seriously think tolman not playing both trials is because he is finalising things with the titans
I personally think Tolman is an underrated player considering the amount of work he does. But I also don't think we have a place for him this season. It's him or Woods and considering the money we're paying for Woods, I'd say it's time to say goodbye to Tolman.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I had a look at the replay of the trial and I have to say some of you are looking at things through beer goggles. cleeland actually played pretty well. He made a couple of darting runs, kicked a few long balls and tackled pretty well throughout. Even positioned himself behind the line to take a Cleary grubber on our line. He was much better than last week. Lewis went pretty well. He looks like he can defend pretty strongly. JMK was OK but not as strong as the other 2. Rhyse Martin stepped up significantly from the first trial, but I did notice To'omaga was stepped on the line for their first try. He did redeem himself throughout the game but he would be a target in D with that effort. I thought of the 2 wingers Bergamin just looked a step above. In fact if he continues to play like that he could well force his way into FG. I agree that Eastwood went well as I expected he would. He still lacks a bit in fitness but that hitout will do him the world of good. He still has a step at the line and is looking for offloads. Still not sold on Brown yet. I would think that Lewis or Cleeland would offer more off the bench than Brown - unless he improves.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With Woods not playing this match I wonder if Pay will ease him in off the bench rd 1 or start him.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whoever is writing up the article on the Bulldogs website is a little shit with a whiny attitude.... “A 76th minute try to Christian Crichton was nothing more than a consolation for the Panthers.”.. And there was another comment after last weeks ISP game blaming the loss on the Canberra trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.