Reaction score
He is trash
The rise to first grade is too big for the midget backrower

His roll is to lead the team song
Even you are entitled to an opinion. Doesn't bother me at all :grinning:

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CC is not a journalist. He is a coach and I think his comments are more aimed at getting the best out off the players rather than critically analysing them.
I agree with him. I thought Okunbor was probably our best forward. Adds much needed size to our powder puff pack.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't mind the selection of a utility back in the day day and age of hia's who can also cover some forward roles. I just think it should be Skelton as he can be such a damaging ball runner which we really need.
Okunbor is chosing the safety option but I feel it's more to do with showing the playing group that hard work and loyalty will be rewarded more than what CC see's as potential
Is it really a surprise that it’s not though? Skelton has zero NRL experience. I know as fans we’re sometimes in fantasy land thinking that a good performer in reserve grade is the answer, but the reality is a coach will almost always pick the experienced player. Anyway, has Skelton even trained/played in the forwards? We know Okunbor has trained there as per CC.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If you believe Gus, this is 100% accurate.

Said it on either 6 tackles or 100% footy
I don't trust what he says publicly but others have mentioned it a few times on here already

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't trust what he says publicly but others have mentioned it a few times on here already
Context usually matters with the guy.

Some you have take to take with a grain of salt (“Baz will be here long after I’m gone”).

Others weren’t true at the time, but gained traction and eventuated later (Think Cotric sitch - forgot that bloke played for us).

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reynolds picked as a utility on the bench ahead of Topine is mind-blowingly stupid

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Apparently he wanted to leave.
Bs. Last year he openly asked fans to tell our management to offer him a deal lol. He also has a young family, no way you want to go overseas after signing a one year redemption deal with us

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Is it really a surprise that it’s not though? Skelton has zero NRL experience. I know as fans we’re sometimes in fantasy land thinking that a good performer in reserve grade is the answer, but the reality is a coach will almost always pick the experienced player. Anyway, has Skelton even trained/played in the forwards? We know Okunbor has trained there as per CC.
Didn't say it was a surprise, I side 'I think' he should be there because he has more upside and has a key ingredient we are missing.
He is in the top 30 and not just to fill a spot like Hoffman etc.
It's not fantasy that we lack damaging ball runners and Skelton is one of the few.
Reality is Okunbor has been given umpteenth chances.
Gus has said he seems him in the back row so it's not as unfathomable as you're making out.

Not need to try and shitcan another's post because you think you've got the hot takes, baby

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yep. If only we had a halfback who could read the game, count the numbers, and run more than 8 metres per game.
Can’t do those things if your forwards are getting cucked week in week out. And the ‘gun’s running take would be way more effective if he had sone lead runners or players pushing up in support. When are you folks gonna stop scapegoating and acknowledge our biggest problems?