Bulldogs VS Broncos SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol at those bagging moore....
Did he coach lett to pass 10 metres out?did he coach turner to drop the bomb,or the knock on wallce did
No one had praised him about getting our defence in order though...funny that....
If that other team the broncs would of put 50
We had absolutely no field position but still scored two tries

Malla

Reaction score
Hahaha sure thing.

I thought Hodkinsons mid-range kicking game was perfect, unfortunately our kick chase wasn't as good as it should have been.

Eastwood struggled tonight, is lacking match fitness. Probably another 3 games away from showing what he's all about.

Lett was hot and cold. Expected by someone on debut.

Barba proved that he > Idris.

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
worst thing about living in Brisbane is that im going to cop s h i t from 20 broncos supporters at work - and 5 years of QLD origin dominance has almost made my head explode spontaneously

JnRLeB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
HODKINSON ****TT!!! KEATING ****TTTTT dont tell me hodkinsons kicks were perfect pls dont for once in your lives open your eyes up and tell the truth

Malla

Reaction score
Oh, and we made Broncos so called 'unbelievable' defence look poor with the very minimal opportunity we had. Scoring our tries through the middle.

You look at the tries that Broncos scored against us ... off a Lett mistake, and one off a knock on from Wallace .. these tries come from one thing only, more ball and quality possession. Just not our night tonight.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs can hold thier heads up, just some ball control and some match fitness and combinations developing further and the dogs will be beating these teams, reffereeing was pretty home side favourable with some peanlties and calls

GTJOHN

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We werent flash tonight BUT..
We stayed with the competition leaders in the wet at their home ground...and a 5minute period of mistakes by us ( & possiblly ref error)
cost us the game..we kept them scoreless for 33 mins even though they had most of the ball ...we will get better, we just need to watch our
silly mistakes and move up in the defensive line quicker, we are getting killed in that department...
I gotta feel for M Lett, was a erorr but ive seen many great players do the same, hopefully the kid learns from that error, as that 4 minute following the mistake
cost us the game...But all in all we werent to horrible

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We went toe to toe but we weren't good enough on the night. Didn't get enough out of Morris, Eastwood, and Idris. Idris needs to get more involved but there really isn't any incentive for him. Morris and Eastwood are coming back from injury so we should be patient with their progress.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brisbane are no easy beats so I don't know what everyone is crapping about.

Defense was awesome but lack of repeat sets and not completing our sets cost us. Forget Letts mistake, sh!t happens

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
Look, if we got more possesion, i have no doubt we would have won

They arent all they are propped up to be

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ironic that the Broncos basically scored their points off the pressure resulting from their field position & Defence.....we used to own that style of footy.

Thought we did ok, and was impressed by our fight to the very end. They played to the conditions MUCH better than us.

2 things I Cannot understand tonight.
1. When we play against a rushing up in your face defence, which we faced against Melb, Steelers & Bronc,s why don't we get the other team going backwards by hittling them with fast repeated dummy half runs, which results in pressure, penalties & uncedrtainty in the line....much better than ****ty passes from dummy half to a forward who gets lined up & smashed. Seriously, we were making 20-30 metres coming out of our half.....5 good dummy half scoots will get you double that.

2. Whole attack seemed based on going wide after a few hit ups? Why? Were we going to get AROUND them? Not like they're slow or weak defensively out wide.

We need to smarten up our tactics IMO. Will be interesting to see how the coaching staff respond to way we've lost those 3 games.
Opp teams have been given the blueprint on how to play us, now we need to learn and adapt.

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ironic that the Broncos basically scored their points off the pressure resulting from their field position & Defence.....we used to own that style of footy.

Thought we did ok, and was impressed by our fight to the very end. They played to the conditions MUCH better than us.

1. When we play against a rushing up in your face defence, which we faced against Melb, Steelers & Bronc,s why don't we get the other team going backwards by hittling them with fast repeated dummy half runs, which results in pressure, penalties & uncedrtainty in the line....much better than ****ty passes from dummy half to a forward who gets lined up & smashed. Seriously, we were making 20-30 metres coming out of our half.....5 good dummy half scoots will get you double that.

2. Whole attack seemed based on going wide after a few hit ups? Why? Were we going to get AROUND them? Not like they're slow or weak defensively out wide.

We need to smarten up our tactics IMO. Will be interesting to see how the coaching staff respond to way we've lost those 3 games.
Opp teams have been given the blueprint on how to play us, now we need to learn and adapt.
Very true. Our tackled players all need to show a mick hancock (fish out of water) style attitude to get a quick play of the ball and ennis needs to take advantage of it - just like cam smith does and cam smith knows a forward is running on to the ball before the tackled player is even on his feet.

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score

When you say 'we', you mean the coach and his staff.

Here we are talking about next year with Graham. That side plus Graham, playing the way they did would not have worried Brisbane.

I have said the jury is out with Moore and it still is as far as I am concerned. There still is no structure. No proper set moves. The Brisbane defence read us to a 'T'.

If Keating dose not become more constructive the call for Roberts to come back will come much louder. He has to do more than just back up. He has got to make our backline fire.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like Gould said...our defence going backwards all the time, and we conceded 13tries from 20 in this manner!
Until we fix that, we ain't going to do anything this year.....we were GARBAGE!!!

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Brisbane defence read us to a 'T'.
.....So right, but then and again so did the Storm & The Steelers.

Think each of those losses have been more tactical than personnel related....so yes when I say "we" I mean our tactics, which means our coaches!

P

Paint.

Honestly, the game wasnt a VERY bad one. There was only one thing that made me cringe tonight - every hit up from any forward on the park bar Mickey Paea.
The Broncos forwards were making 15metres with every hitup, while our forwards were getting taught a lesson and making on 5m every hit up.

I said it all week, LINE SPEED. It's what we're lacking! Look at the mistake that Pritchard made on their line - they ran 100metres off one set, every run but the first off a forward.
The next set, every run off a forward and they made 70 metres.
In other sets, they made 60m, 64m, 69m, 73m, 82m. Most of their runs were by their forwards.
So why is it that when our forwards, running at their forwards, who should be tired from running all these metres, are making 30m, 34m, 37m, 41m, off our sets?
LINE SPEED. Fark.

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
The biggest issue we have is we start the halves in a dead set coma, you just cannot win games consistently if your giving up points early in each half.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
We have a good team that can go along way in the next few years, my only problem is our defence on Idris side and also our line speed. I can not understand how Moore is not correcting this or maybe he just does not know how. even under the high ball we look out of wack! Frank the tank is the best wide runner in the game he neeeds deep ball to make an impact i dont belive more is playing him the right way..

Status
Not open for further replies.