Bulldogs VS Bronco's Match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Like I said yesterday, training run.... No biggie.

Ummmm, shoulder charge? Really? Third man in? Really?

God bless you, NRL. Every week we find something new to make this pathetic game of ours that little bit more special.

harks76

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Although the loss was disappointing I couldn't stop laughing at Ennis when he said to the ref " Thanks for the feedback", the ref had to double take and Ennis had to repeat himself.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
I found Des interchange to be quite different to what he would normally do.

Usually he plays it safe and just leaves things the way they are but last night he shifted
things quite a bit, probably just trying to get Barba in to get his match fitness back. i thought
he should have put Kasiano back in towards the end..

anyway new comp starts next week looks like we play the knights. Hopefully
we beat them when it counts.

D

DoggyStylz

Bulldogs = Finals bound
Broncos = Mad Monday Bound

As Donovan from the inbetweeners would say "have a nice life d!ckheads"

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We will go well in the semi's if we keep scrambling in defence like that, Barba looked dangerous and I think Des will name him back at fullback next week.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TBH I always knew we would lose this one. Break it down, Broncos had more to play for. Last home game, want to finish on a high, princes 300 and last game. What did we have to play for? We're in the 8, have a home semi next Sunday. Broncos didn't care about injuries, to me it looked like our players were playing to avoid injuries, hence looking and playing very conservatively. Although the refs were absolutely horrendous, we were playing to get through the 80 with no more injuries. Few points on the game:

-Defence was outstanding. Brisbane threw a lot at us and we scrambled brilliantly, easily our best defensive effort of the year. I think at one stage they had 40 tackles in our 20 compared to our in theirs. As Hasler said, they had enough footy to win 4 games.

Kasiano. He is our man. Last night every run was big and strong. His defense was outstanding also, good for him to get minutes.

Morris. Everyone bagging des taking him off. Why wouldn't he? 10-10 in a nothing game, what happens if josh scores the winning try, but breaks his leg in the process?

Barba. Looked off to me. Not sure if he was being tentative due to his ankle. Just didn't wanna put his body on the line, that could also come back to trying to avoid injury. Good to get some game time none the less and some good touches.

Inu. This guy is not human. He is so freaking strong! Only thing is his defense kills me!

All in all with Pritchard and Eastwood back next week, we will thrive I think. Pritchard is really growing into a leader and is inspirational.

Don't panic, we are well placed for a deep run in September, we all know what this team is capable of, and the boys and coaches know that. For those questioning des, shut the fukk up. We have made the 8 both years with him. We shouldn't have made the 8 this year after the start and injuries and suspensions. Des knows what he is doing. Prepare yourself because the next month will be memorable!

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
All I have to contribute to this thread is; **** Sam Perrett and his ineffective up-and-in defence.

When a bomb goes up they guy is niether blocking or going for the ball. ****ing useless.

**** him off

DMoney

Waterboy
Reaction score
Being at the game, I couldn't bag Dez for replacing Morris at fullback late in that first half, he was getting worked over the first half hour & he looked out on his feet, had to make some hard tackles & cover a lot of ground. Was actually glad he got a rest in the end, he definately earned it..

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
This game wasnt about winning, it was just dessy playing it safe, avoiding injuries, and making some final decisions to see how our 1-17 layout will be for the finals.

All you people with your panties in a knot need to remember that the dogs were playing for absolutley nothing (other than "momentum")

sharkies are resting almost their whole main squad for their game, so we will finish 5th regardless

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
This game wasnt about winning, it was just dessy playing it safe, avoiding injuries, and making some final decisions to see how our 1-17 layout will be for the finals.

All you people with your panties in a knot need to remember that the dogs were playing for absolutley nothing (other than "momentum")

sharkies are resting almost their whole main squad for their game, so we will finish 5th regardless
Losing to a broncos team who has been average at best all year, coming 13th with nothing to play for. Completing only 18 sets for the whole game. Looking very flat in attack, struggling to score points. Shuffling backs around like a ball and 3 cup magic trick.....

Isnt the best way to lead into the finals.

Look at Manly, they have had the perfect lead into this final series.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Losing to a broncos team who has been average at best all year, coming 13th with nothing to play for. Completing only 18 sets for the whole game. Looking very flat in attack, struggling to score points. Shuffling backs around like a ball and 3 cup magic trick.....

Isnt the best way to lead into the finals.

Look at Manly, they have had the perfect lead into this final series.
I agree hence I think it will be a Storm v Manly GF

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
josh reynolds‏@joshreynolds94h
@Tareck140681 would like to win this year not 2023

josh reynolds‏@joshreynolds915h
One word ...... FRUSTRATED

Love the guys passion. It is something to admire. I am expecting them to use their frustration into motivation for next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.