Bulldogs VS Bronco's Match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
This game serves nothing more than a glorified training run, TBH. Nothing changes if we win/lose.
No training run here mate, it was the Bronco's last home game at Suncorp and they tried to give it to us SOO style, their heavy tackles saw us knock on through the game, we gotta hold the ball tight.
The high ball to the wing cost us once again, Hodko's grubbers were rubbish and we gotta learn to settle our attack and go wide with a last inside ball then maybe a tap in goal or a bomb, we were too scared to put the ball up early in the count, great game.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
give credit where due.... Corey Parker is a machine, 8 off loads, 201 m , 41 tackles!

I want this guy in my team!

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not exceedingly worried tbh...

If we don't lift for the finals well we are done then, but honestly it seems like Des was using this game to test where Barba was mentally, and to intentionally give our forwards a rest. There wasn't a point in killing ourselves for a game that does absolutely nothing for us.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
give credit where due.... Corey Parker is a machine, 8 off loads, 201 m , 41 tackles!

I want this guy in my team![/

He has no discipline you can't just keep offloading and get away wiv it!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Only things to take away from this match Ennis "I appreciate the feedback" reply to the ref and Thaiday,

damn funny stuff.
Did you see the full story they spoke of later. Apparently Mick was giving the ref a gobfull at some point about how he should police the ruck, and the ref said "Thanks for your feedback Mick"

So after that when the ref was getting into Mick about Mick policing our players discipline, he replied the same way to be a smartass. Classic. Love Mick

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Did you see the full story they spoke of later. Apparently Mick was giving the ref a gobfull at some point about how he should police the ruck, and the ref said "Thanks for your feedback Mick"

So after that when the ref was getting into Mick about Mick policing our players discipline, he replied the same way to be a smartass. Classic. Love Mick

Love Mennis!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Did people notice Trex's defence on the line? He was stopping players trying to crash through just by dragging them back (that is huge strength). Williams is starting to fire up, I believe he is much hungrier for the team and Inu is starting to output now aswell.

I'd say Inu is one of the strongest players in our team (strength wise), it was great seeing him do his thing!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Were done this year boys. Sorry but I cant see us turning into a real threat in the finals. Something just isn't working this year
I bet we are the only team in the top 8 who has fans who think they cant even win a match in the finals. Only we have such "special" fans.

There are Titans fans at my work who still think they can win it this year, and they need a miracle to even make the 8.

Be a fan.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think T-rex has found his way down the yellow brick road ;)

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
[video=youtube;gC7uzSKnVRA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC7uzSKnVRA[/video]

Ironhide07

In The Dog House
Reaction score
I bet we are the only team in the top 8 who has fans who think they cant even win a match in the finals. Only we have such "special" fans.

There are Titans fans at my work who still think they can win it this year, and they need a miracle to even make the 8.

Be a fan.
Just cant be optimistic. We can't put teams away and we have a massive leak down our right side that Des refuses to do anything about. Were done if we keep leaking points down that right edge. Broncos exploited it well, what will the Storm or Manly do? I will keep my faith that things can swing but just look at our entire season my friend.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Were done this year boys. Sorry but I cant see us turning into a real threat in the finals. Something just isn't working this year
We have the best roster in the NRL but yeah like you said 'something just isn't working this year' I just hope that whatever it is can be fixed up before next week.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have the best roster in the NRL but yeah like you said 'something just isn't working this year' I just hope that whatever it is can be fixed up before next week.
I don't often reply to a thread using my own quote but you know, it's 4am in the morning , I'm a bit giddy and well ,apart from being the only one online atm ,it's a pretty good post I suppose ,except for the bit where I was pessimistic and offered no solution . Anyways I reckon I have got the answer to our problem. Wait for it... We, The army of fans were missing ,yes we are the difference. We can breathe life back into the dogs by getting to the game and cheering/ supporting/ sideline coaching/ booing anything , remember the last game soward played?? Remember last week when it was certain death for us?
If we want our team to beat the inferior cowboys/ knights the we need to be there too.

Last edited by a moderator:

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wouldn't usually make excuses for our team and may look like a sore loser , but the game was a dead rubber we didn't even look like we got out of second gear we played very conservative football as if we were just saving ourselves for next week , I thought kasiano was outstanding along with Reynolds , and our defense was great , it was a trial run for DES when would you ever see our backs get interchanged, our top forwards played limited minutes take nothing out of that match I guarantee we will win next week and stamp our authority on the competition

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Just on a positive note , a new comp starts now . Lets let go of the lamentable 2013 season and look to the 2013 semi final series .

If I were Jimmy Dymock , I would make the players all week watch the 94 95 98 and 2004 series , every game and teach the fellas that the Canterbury Bulldogs dont lie down and fight for themselves , their teammates and their fans .

And just remember ... We are blue , we are white , we are .ucking dynomite !

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nightmare attacks in teams having numbers on us continuously out-wide or getting tries off kicks. Lucky our speed of play improved massively, but we didnt complete our sets, or failed to score when in good field position.

A trial run it did seem like, with Lafai, Morris, Barba getting bench stints. Morris when he moved to centre, still seemed to play like a fullback as well, which seemed funny.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
there were two absolute b/s penalties in last night's game. The first one was JMOZ getting pinged for a shoulder charge on Oates to put him into touch. They scored on the next set. The second one is when we got pinged for stripping the ball from Alex Glenn on the last tackle. Brisbane got one of those against Souths last year when Jason Robinson had the whistle. Robinson also gave one of those to Newcastle when we played them last year. Referees need to understand that when you are trying to wrap up the ball on the last play to get a turnover that your hands actually have to go around it, and the player with the ball is trying to get it away. As Gould and others in the media have said for a while, referees MAY know the rules but many of them don't know how the game is played.

Penalties and dropped ball meant Brisbane had 62% of possession in the first half. Our defence to combat that and lead at HT was superb. They could only score from kicks. We must control the ball better in the finals but my fear is that one of the pink panthers will kill us at some stage when we are playing a media darling team.

Status
Not open for further replies.