News Bulldogs v Warriors: Addo-Carr a surprise chance; Ford, Kosi unlikely

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury will host the Warriors on Friday night with both sides looking to stay within reach of the top eight after suffering defeats on Magic Round weekend.

The Bulldogs were pipped by the Raiders in a high-scoring clash and coming off a five-day turnaround they will benefit from a week-long preparation going into this match at Accor Stadium.

The Warriors were gallant in defeat against defending premiers Penrith on Saturday but must find some grunt after three straight losses in recent weeks after previously being well-placed in the top four.

Andrew Webster's side has battled a heavy injury toll during this period but will view Friday night's match as a must-win and a good chance to do so.

Historically both sides are placed at a 50% win record each but it's the Warriors who have had the most success recently winning twice, including a 16-14 result at Mt Smart Stadium back in Round 4.

The Bulldogs had their chances to win that match and will be equally determined to get one back against their rivals on home turf.

Team news
Bulldogs: Josh Addo-Carr told reporters at Magic Round he is on track to make an early return - possibly as early as Friday's game - with the Bulldogs winger aiming to get back from an ankle injury. A possible comeback ahead of time would see him replace Declan Casey on the wing. Jacob Kiraz (knee) and Max King (ribs) got through the game last week and are expected to be available once again.

Warriors: Jackson Ford (head knock) is in doubt while Edward Kosi (knee) is also set to be monitored after both picked up injuries against the Panthers. Luke Metcalf (hamstring) is closing in on a return and could be named in an extended squad on Tuesday.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m not so worried about our middles. They will step up. I am worried about leaking points out wide if fox doesn’t play. And I’m hoping SJ has an off day because he was the difference last time we met.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m not so worried about our middles. They will step up. I am worried about leaking points out wide if fox doesn’t play. And I’m hoping SJ has an off day because he was the difference last time we met.
The last two times we have played Wahs SJ has been the difference albeit they played both games in Auckland

Metcalfe is apparently back for them at 6

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Offload
TPJ
Thompson
Get three solid middles that can play more than 5 minutes a game

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a funny one ☝
We forget how bad we have gone on previous years that this years feels just as bad
But this is our best start to a season since 2017 hard to believe
And in 2022, we didn’t get our third win till round 14

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Here is a funny one ☝
We forget how bad we have gone on previous years that this years feels just as bad
But this is our best start to a season since 2017 hard to believe
And in 2022, we didn’t get our third win till round 14
That’s a fair point but we also have a better squad than the last few years so the expectation is a bit higher. We shouldn’t finish in the bottom 4 this year.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jacob Kiraz and Max king were selected too early courages I must say. Could not play to their full potential

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We should do an obstruction play like they did to us last time. It worked for the Warriors.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh no more of this “Horsburgh, 30m post contact carries”, with our boys being dragged along grabbing his shirt and arms.
How embarrassing was it that our players got dragged all the way to their goal line?

I’m pretty sure there was 3 defenders and not one of them tackled him.

Stop grabbing shirts and make a fucking tackle