News Bulldogs to lose $500,000 in Thursday night's first NRL lockout

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Wow so many doctors and scientists on here. The world health organisation should read the kennel as it has the brightest minds on the planet

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The upkeep on Belmore wouldn’t be much different then they already have to do, since we train there. The reason we don’t play out of there is because the $$ we get for using ANZ. And Belmore is way smaller and more financial viable than the old Shark Park mate. And if only you didn’t just nick picked my comment I also said governments/council owed grounds.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The upkeep on Belmore wouldn’t be much different then they already have to do, since we train there. The reason we don’t play out of there is because the $$ we get for using ANZ. And Belmore is way smaller and more financial viable than the old Shark Park mate. And if only you didn’t just nick picked my comment I also said governments/council owed grounds.
They lose money on every Belmore game that’s why we only play there once or twice a year now. There’s not enough facilities for the fans and more importantly the corporates and where would the money come from to upgrade it? The council won’t pay for it and why would we pay for it when we don’t own it? Belmore isn’t financially viable at all and that’s even not even taking into consideration that ANZ guarantee a profit on every game.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The only solution to the financial side is to play all home games at either Council/Government or Team owned grounds. If the Dogs play at ANZ on Thursday, plus the loss of Rashays and the sleeve sponsorship, they have only themselves to blame for the financial burden. Let’s be real here, we have had years to upgrade Belmore to suit the rigors to be played at week in week out. Most Sydney sides play out of their home grounds and so should the dogs. I guarantee it would be a sellout every weekend.
‘Most Sydney sides play out of their home grounds’ - that’s Manly, St. George, Cronulla and Penrith that I can think of outside Bankwest, SFS (when there) or ANZ. Even the Tigers like the Dogs at Belmore play a token game at Leichhardt or Campbelltown. So ‘half’ of the Sydney teams also play at the main 3 stadiums.

The Dogs are only a tenant of Belmore, they have no (or being generous very little) say in any upgrade, which won’t happen anyway due to the metro train works adjacent in the next couple of years as well as the NSW Govt. stadia policy of being all about Bankwest build, SFS rebuild and ANZ upgrade.

So I can’t agree that ‘they have themselves to blame’.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
‘Most Sydney sides play out of their home grounds’ - that’s Manly, St. George, Cronulla and Penrith that I can think of outside Bankwest, SFS (when there) or ANZ. Even the Tigers like the Dogs at Belmore play a token game at Leichhardt or Campbelltown. So ‘half’ of the Sydney teams also play at the main 3 stadiums.

The Dogs are only a tenant of Belmore, they have no (or being generous very little) say in any upgrade, which won’t happen anyway due to the metro train works adjacent in the next couple of years as well as the NSW Govt. stadia policy of being all about Bankwest build, SFS rebuild and ANZ upgrade.

So I can’t agree that ‘they have themselves to blame’.
Mate I agree with what you are saying but you didn’t get my point at all. So I will simplify my comment. Opposed to paying $500,000 out to ANZ for home games during the sanctions caused by this outbreak, we should play all home games (during the outbreak) at Belmore.

Furthermore I do wish and believe if we were allowed to play week in week out at Belmore (after sanctions due to outbreak), Belmore would be a sellout.

And the Bulldogs management releasing the information regarding JO and CHN a few days before the season opener at a cost of 2m sponsorship. I agree it is disgusting behavior from JO but let’s face the facts, all other teams would have swept it under the carpet. Why didn’t the Bulldogs wait until it was released?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Mate I agree with what you are saying but you didn’t get my point at all. So I will simplify my comment. Opposed to paying $500,000 out to ANZ for home games during the sanctions caused by this outbreak, we should play all home games (during the outbreak) at Belmore.

Furthermore I do wish and believe if we were allowed to play week in week out at Belmore (after sanctions due to outbreak), Belmore would be a sellout.

And the Bulldogs management releasing the information regarding JO and CHN a few days before the season opener at a cost of 2m sponsorship. I agree it is disgusting behavior from JO but let’s face the facts, all other teams would have swept it under the carpet. Why didn’t the Bulldogs wait until it was released?
It's not that the Dogs pay ANZ $500k. The $500k is the Dogs revenue from Corporate Sponsors, gate takings, their cut of food/beverage sales etc - that's what they'll be missing out on.
Now - to move that to Belmore - not sure what you mean by sellout given there is no crowds allowed from Round 2 until further notice? And there's no Corporate Sponsor facilities at Belmore so they'd miss out on that revenue regardless. Therefore I don't see Belmore as a solution. There really isn't a solution until the Government compensates the NRL who in turn compensate the clubs.

As for rug sweeping - it was out of the clubs hands. At least one of the girls involved started sharing the information on social media. This is how the club came to know about it.
Had they ignored it it would've blown up into something bigger and potentially risked us having to pay the withheld $250k fine imposed by the NRL after Mad Monday. By self reporting and getting on the front foot, that ensured the club did not cop that.
The sponsorship thing was meant to be announced just before Round 1 and have the players run out in sponsored jerseys on Thursday night as a bit of a surprise for members and fans - again not very fair to blame the club for this backfiring due to the action of those two players which has ended up costing them two sponsorships.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not that the Dogs pay ANZ $500k. The $500k is the Dogs revenue from Corporate Sponsors, gate takings, their cut of food/beverage sales etc - that's what they'll be missing out on.
Now - to move that to Belmore - not sure what you mean by sellout given there is no crowds allowed from Round 2 until further notice? And there's no Corporate Sponsor facilities at Belmore so they'd miss out on that revenue regardless. Therefore I don't see Belmore as a solution. There really isn't a solution until the Government compensates the NRL who in turn compensate the clubs.

As for rug sweeping - it was out of the clubs hands. At least one of the girls involved started sharing the information on social media. This is how the club came to know about it.
Had they ignored it it would've blown up into something bigger and potentially risked us having to pay the withheld $250k fine imposed by the NRL after Mad Monday. By self reporting and getting on the front foot, that ensured the club did not cop that.
The sponsorship thing was meant to be announced just before Round 1 and have the players run out in sponsored jerseys on Thursday night as a bit of a surprise for members and fans - again not very fair to blame the club for this backfiring due to the action of those two players which has ended up costing them two sponsorships.
Lol man, the Dogs have to pay back corp sponsors, still pay for the food and bev which is pre booked etc. if 15000 fans turn up 10000 of them would be members, so no ticket sales there. if you knew anything about business you would not be arguing.

As for Belmore, have you ever been? There are corporate rooms and if you re read what I said, I plainly pointed out to you I was speaking about after the sanctions regarding games being sold outs.

Mate shit Is spread through social media every week regarding these kind of shenanigans, and not just NRL. No I’m not saying anything illegal but def very similar regarding contractual agreements being broken and moral standards.
I’ve heard of many vids of group sex, one of the biggest NRL player whom is married slept with a Fox League reporter.

Obviously you aren’t as clued on as you think. So slow down when you are reading and take in what I am saying before replying on subjects you know very little about.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Lol man, the Dogs have to pay back corp sponsors, still pay for the food and bev which is pre booked etc. if 15000 fans turn up 10000 of them would be members, so no ticket sales there. if you knew anything about business you would not be arguing.

As for Belmore, have you ever been? There are corporate rooms and if you re read what I said, I plainly pointed out to you I was speaking about after the sanctions regarding games being sold outs.

Mate shit Is spread through social media every week regarding these kind of shenanigans, and not just NRL. No I’m not saying anything illegal but def very similar regarding contractual agreements being broken and moral standards.
I’ve heard of many vids of group sex, one of the biggest NRL player whom is married slept with a Fox League reporter.

Obviously you aren’t as clued on as you think. So slow down when you are reading and take in what I am saying before replying on subjects you know very little about.
Why don't you cool your jets there, Chief.
You know nothing about me so your assumptions are simply wrong - even if I overlooked one little part of your post on the run - big deal.
I GREW UP going to Belmore so if you believe the 'corporate rooms' there come close to compensating for those provided at ANZ, well, I need say no more - they don't.
The simple fact is that if the Dogs could play at Belmore profitably they'd do it more often. They can't and hence they don't.
As for the rest of your post - I'm well aware of who you're referring to in terms of extra curricular activities and actually know people closer to the incident than you might think - I won't say any more and happy to leave any discussion with you right here.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don't you cool your jets there, Chief.
You know nothing about me so your assumptions are simply wrong - even if I overlooked one little part of your post on the run - big deal.
I GREW UP going to Belmore so if you believe the 'corporate rooms' there come close to compensating for those provided at ANZ, well, I need say no more - they don't.
The simple fact is that if the Dogs could play at Belmore profitably they'd do it more often. They can't and hence they don't.
As for the rest of your post - I'm well aware of who you're referring to in terms of extra curricular activities and actually know people closer to the incident than you might think - I won't say any more and happy to leave any discussion with you right here.
Hahahaha actually you said “There were NO corporate suits at Belmore”.
I never said they were the same level as ANZ suits. But I did earlier refer to an upgrade at Belmore, you would think that would include the corporate suits.

Mate these extra curricular activities are weekly not just the one you chose to knit pick from my post.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hahahaha actually you said “There were NO corporate suits at Belmore”.
I never said they were the same level as ANZ suits. But I did earlier refer to an upgrade at Belmore, you would think that would include the corporate suits.

Mate these extra curricular activities are weekly not just the one you chose to knit pick from my post.
Suits or suites?
Here’s a tip Champ:
When you’re in a hole, stop digging.
Take it easy.