Bulldogs Team for Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know what you saying, if he is sending a message out then I commend him for it... But I can not understand Utai on the Bench for the life of me...
Utai's go forward was good on the weekend. KM and Grimaldi will talk to him about his defence and as long as he goes on with the shoulders then it atleast slows players momentum and other players can help him out.

Understandable. You have to consider he hasn't played 2nd row in his life. I never thought of it but I am now:p Hopefully he goes alright.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
It's actually the complete opposite to Folks.... Folks would have chosen Dj, Te Mari and Koups
Nah Folkes had this whole, I will not change an unbeaten team or whatever

which why we never won 2 games in a row, the farkwit

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's actually the complete opposite to Folks.... Folks would have chosen Dj, Te Mari and Koups
NO, Folkes only chose them because he had no other options.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NO, Folkes only chose them because he had no other options.
Well Folkes did keep choosing DJ when he did have other options....

I mean halves depth was the only thing we had last year and while Groom wasn't great by any means, he could not have been worse than Holdsworth, i mean atleast he's a halfback, maybe a cr@p one, but still a halfback

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Well Folkes did keep choosing DJ when he did have other options....

I mean halves depth was the only thing we had last year and while Groom wasn't great by any means, he could not have been worse than Holdsworth, i mean atleast he's a halfback, maybe a cr@p one, but still a halfback
Played pretty well in the world cup

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
was moore watching the same game i was?!?! utai was ****... i can handle no idris, but utai as impact off the bench, pfft... his defence in the middle is rubbish

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Utai's go forward was good on the weekend. KM and Grimaldi will talk to him about his defence and as long as he goes on with the shoulders then it atleast slows players momentum and other players can help him out.

Understandable. You have to consider he hasn't played 2nd row in his life. I never thought of it but I am now:p Hopefully he goes alright.
So why put him there and use Eastwood as a prop ?

Its not only bad for our bench, but Eastwood is more destructive as a second rower and running on the fringes.

And what you said in the bolded bit says everything about why he should NOT be in on the bench. It's like telling Greg Inglis to play at prop from the bench, makes no sense whatsoever.

It doesn't matter what you say to Utai or how you train him, 1 week is simply not enough to turn a great attacking winger into a decent second rower.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
was moore watching the same game i was?!?! utai was ****... i can handle no idris, but utai as impact off the bench, pfft... his defence in the middle is rubbish
Well he must've been because Utai was taken off pretty quickly after he was put on

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Wait a minute, what a just one minute

Moore is our coach, we shouldn't doubt him FFS

What was I thinking seriously.... Im sure the right team will run on Monday :o

-313-

So why put him there and use Eastwood as a prop ?

Its not only bad for our bench, but Eastwood is more destructive as a second rower and running on the fringes.

And what you said in the bolded bit says everything about why he should NOT be in on the bench. It's like telling Greg Inglis to play at prop from the bench, makes no sense whatsoever.

It doesn't matter what you say to Utai or how you train him, 1 week is simply not enough to turn a great attacking winger into a decent second rower.
especially when we have so many good second row options in the Reggies.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well tbh Quillen that looks like our strongest possible team and the team we expected to run out this week

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Even GOD cant help Utai when
Luke Stuart, Roy Asotasi, Ben Lowe, Shannan McPherson, David Fa'alogo,
Eddy Pettybourne, Jaiman Lowe, David Kidwell RUN AT HIM :S

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is john kite? Why is idris playing toyota cup? Wtf whats he going to learn playing against 20 year olds? We are going to get owned under the high ball on millard/hazems side.
very suprised with this team and agree with you. millard is dog bog hazem cant jump. utai was more lost then ever before. the rabbits backline will kick some ass i think. best merrit that new bloke who ran 90ms ****.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
millard is not the attacking power idris is... idris does need to build confidence but he wont do so playing boys.... needs to play well at the top level

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
im not sure about utai on the bench lol if they want him to play in the second row play him in the NSW cup at least 5 weeks b4 goin bak into FG... i reckon conrad should be given a go in FG.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally don't think we utilsied Utai to maximum effect the other day. i would play him at the Thirty minute mark and then at the 55 minute mark when defensies are tiring. He had a few good hit ups, struggled a bit in defense i'll grant you but this will improve with time. If utilsed smarrtly i still think Utai can very effective. Idirs should be back in for Millard that is for sure.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
tbh middlard over idris doesn't really bother me, millard didn't do anything wrong on sunday to say he shouldn't be in the team.

i still dont know why utai would be in the team. he didn't play well at all sunday. i hope moore knows what he is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.