News Bulldogs survive major scare in big bounce back

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Only thing that concerns me about that is I heard them saying on tv that they (assuming they are security) identified and ejected the person involved. I would be thinking the police would have taken them away to a station to be charged if they were facing more serious consequences. Maybe an underage situation.
Yeah underaged but can still be charged.
When they say ‘ejected’ that’s usually by Police who take it from there. Plenty of Police there last night and all due respect to some of the ‘security’ at Accor but a small gust of wind would blow some of them over.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That grub Milne has form, i remember an incident last year , Spencer Leniu was calling him out as he was being taken off after a reckless swinging arm to Leniu s head.
I remember that incident - I so desperately wanted the officials to just step back and let them go at it on the sideline (Spencer was being taken off for a HIA and Milne was walking off to the bin I think), especially given that look in Spencer's eyes. Would have been better than the Manly/Melbourne thing at Brookvale or any of those Pay Per View fights on Foxtel.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah underaged but can still be charged.
When they say ‘ejected’ that’s usually by Police who take it from there. Plenty of Police there last night and all due respect to some of the ‘security’ at Accor but a small gust of wind would blow some of them over.
The face of security changed forever when they changed their shirts from bright red 'Security' to the yellow 'Customer Service' (or similar) shirts.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That grub Milne has form, i remember an incident last year , Spencer Leniu was calling him out as he was being taken off after a reckless swinging arm to Leniu s head.
I agree he is such a dirty player.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unloseable? Has this numpty actually watched any of our games this year? Has he watched any footy this year? A 14pt lead with 8min to go isn’t unloseable anymore and for us it’s the most nerve wracking.

Personally I had zero confidence of winning until the penalty with 20sec to go. Especially with Taafe running around EQW who Taafe made seem to have a slower turning time and acceleration than the QE2

Not sure why Roar articles are posted as news, they’re just opinionated posts by punters

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Milne is another Josh Maguire, always going for cheap shots and loves his opponents head in particular. This one wasn't his worst but it was still a careless shoulder charge to the head that put a bloke in hospital. Deserves a few weeks for it.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This souths coach is such cry baby, always finds a way to whinge when they lose yet never sees how easy his team gets with ref calls especially when its against us with that sutton **** refereeing most of our games...

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have tried posting a comment in the mainstream media about the laser incident, asking why they haven't made more of this story, but the moderators have refused to post my comments. Why is the media uninterested in something that could have permanently damaged Burton's eyesight?

As I've said, had it been a Bulldog fan, the headlines this morning would have been white hot.
I will wait to see what the NRL does about it.
Anything less than deducted points and 8 figure fine, with a lifetime ban for all Souths supporters at the match from all NRL grounds is proof of bias ;)
Seriously though, our good friday incident sets the precedent.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will wait to see what the NRL does about it.
Anything less than deducted points and 8 figure fine, with a lifetime ban for all Souths supporters at the match from all NRL grounds is proof of bias ;)
Seriously though, our good friday incident sets the precedent.
All I want to see is the same media treatment of their fans. All clubs have some supporters that they are ashamed of; it seems that it's only the supporters of the Bulldogs who make the headlines.

It started in 2004. Fans had nothing to do with the off field incident, but were labelled and targeted with the usual sensational headlines. The media couldn't get the players, so they went after the fans.

I've experienced some dreadful behavior from fans of other teams, yet I only read about our supporters. It gives the false impression that we have the worst fanbase in the NRL, and protects other club fans when they give us stick.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder how high the priority of coaching grubby dirty behaviour is at SSR?
Followed up with excessive and consequence free whinging and complaining to the ref. The only team that does the co-captain model with 17 players each week.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Followed up with excessive and consequence free whinging and complaining to the ref. The only team that does the co-captain model with 17 players each week.
And we see some terrible language used at the refs, without any reaction against the players.

Remember how Grub was warned about saying "BS" to the ref in the Saints game? The same game that we had a player binned for hanging onto the ball after an attempted steal while he was on the ground? That has been a penalty the other way in every game since.