News Bulldogs star Nick Cotric’s season over after training injury

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canterbury’s season of woe has taken a horrible twist with Test winger Nick Cotric ruled out for the season.
In a bitter blow for the 15th-placed Dogs, Cotric’s year is over after he suffered a ruptured ligament in his big toe during an innocuous training mishap earlier this week.

The former NSW State of Origin and Australian representative simply stumbled on the field during a field session, with his big toe bearing the weight of his fall.

Cotric, 22, met with surgeons on Wednesday where the shattering news was delivered.

The Bulldogs medical team will help Cotric rehabilitate the injury over the next month before determining a date for surgery.

Either way, he won’t play again for Canterbury in 2021.

Cotric’s omission will leave a major hole in the Bulldogs offence with the powerful ball-runner averaging 119 metres with the footy per game.

Cotric was a major off-season signing for the Dogs and his injury only adds to coach Trent Barrett’s depleted stock of outside backs.

Currently sidelined are Jayden Okunbor (knee), Aaron Schoupp (isolation) and Christian Crichton (knee).

Kiwi Test winger Dallin Watene-Zelezniak was also recently released to the Warriors.

Barrett has been forced to name 24-year-old Falakiko Manu — who is on a train and trial contract — to make his NRL debut against the Sea Eagles at Bankwest Stadium on Saturday.

Alex Hunter

Dog4Life
Reaction score
Daily Telegraph report but I don’t have a subscription. The photo is of Nick Cotric

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What a time to be a dogs supporter.. Meh! Oh well every team has bad years with injuries at least we are not in the mix for finals carrying all these injuries and disruptions.
On the upside we can blood some young players.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"The Bulldogs medical team will help Cotric rehabilitate the injury over the next month before determining a date for surgery".

I don't get why you would rehabilitate the injury for a month when it needs surgery ? Why not just do the surgery ASAP ? Is there a ban on surgery at the moment in Aust ?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely we are due some luck soon… this has been very painful. Even if it’s for next year we need something ASAP.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"The Bulldogs medical team will help Cotric rehabilitate the injury over the next month before determining a date for surgery".

I don't get why you would rehabilitate the injury for a month when it needs surgery ? Why not just do the surgery ASAP ? Is there a ban on surgery at the moment in Aust ?
Sometimes immediate surgery isn’t possible if there’s too much trauma to the area. I had the same issue when I needed a knee reconstruction. I had to have Physio for a few weeks to get the swelling down first.