Bulldogs spending spree all within salary cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting that she openly admits that well need to release if our fullback turns up.

Sounds like they used the fullback money on fifita, even with kevin Locke in the picture. Good to see that they are valuing players properly... Locke isn't worth anymore than 300 to 400. You could make the argument he is prolly more needed at this time. 2014 could be shaping up to be a rebuilding year.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will stay for another 2 years but nothing more tbh.if he doesnt accept we will have another signing soon

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting that she openly admits that well need to release if our fullback turns up.

Sounds like they used the fullback money on fifita, even with kevin Locke in the picture. Good to see that they are valuing players properly... Locke isn't worth anymore than 300 to 400. You could make the argument he is prolly more needed at this time. 2014 could be shaping up to be a rebuilding year.
Looks that way and we needed it .CLEAN OUT YEAR!!
Playerss competing for positions ,no complaints from me

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Suck on that journo scum. Like the lady said, everything is above board and no one is going anywhere (for the time being) lol.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought 3rd party payments are Not included in the salary cap?

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought 3rd party payments are Not included in the salary cap?
up to 600k per club can be paid in marquee player arrangements. anything over comes from cap -
the grey area is non-sponsor 3rd party payments where the club logo,NRL logos or anything else copyrighted is not used and the amount for this is unlimited from my understanding.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
So Morris re-signing with us is confirmed?

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
"You've also got to sign what's in front of you. You can wait and wait for that rockstar fullback to come along but he might not. So you need a strategy that allows you to do that if that happens, but equally have a forward pack that's going to [be strong] and Des has certainly got that at the moment."
Thank you ms castle. Ffs now maybe people will stfu about the fullback situation and let it take its course

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We don't need another fullback right now. Just give Templeman and/or Phillips a shot. At least then we'll know if they have what it takes.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our CEO is proving herself to be a ruthless operator, who is on the same page as the coaching staff. That in itself is a huge advantage at any football club. It's pretty clear that she is of the opinion that, if you have on field success, success in business will follow, and not vice versa! After all, it is a footy club first and foremost! Great job so far. Lucky to have her at out club.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our CEO is proving herself to be a ruthless operator, who is on the same page as the coaching staff. That in itself is a huge advantage at any football club. It's pretty clear that she is of the opinion that, if you have on field success, success in business will follow, and not vice versa! After all, it is a footy club first and foremost! Great job so far. Lucky to have her at out club.
Yes she is starting to impress me ,its great that she got on the front foot to shut the clowns up saying we are cheating the cap

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are copping it from all angles regarding our cap..

I honestly love it when everyone hates us, **** this good guy image..

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
I am also loving the opposition supporters and scum journous like Kent and Buzz whinging about our cap! Keep hating losers!

Bulldogjem

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am also loving the opposition supporters and scum journous like Kent and Buzz whinging about our cap! Keep hating losers!
Twitter was going of las night with buzz rothfield coming up with estimates about our players salary and talking shit about it

Status
Not open for further replies.