Bulldogs spending spree all within salary cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Now I know why Des and Raelene had to take their time after losing Barba to plan everything thoroughly. And it's turning out nicely. I also think that they are making it hard for any fullback out there not to want to be a part of this dynasty we are developing and may even get a quality one fairly cheap, considering the high likely hood of playing finals, grand finals, and the possibility of adding some premierships to their career portfolio. Gee Tompkins chose poorly.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The interweb's mad at, sorry "@", us so I'll use net speak to talk back. "U mad bro?" "H8r's gunna H8" [INSERT CURRENT FLAVOUR OF THE MONTH MEME HERE]

I like when people hate us and are angry that their sht club don't recruit high quality players and misdirect their anger. What?! Canterbury signed an international forward?! They're breaking the cap again! They did 9/11 and so on....

Suck it, fckrags.

DrBulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
People keep saying we are over the salary cap, its easy maths.
1. barba left last year, so all the money we had allocated to him has been freed up to pay other players upfront this year. eg morris etc - pay more this year and taper down in the following years which ends up the same.
2. we still have a lot of younger players that are on contract for 2-3k only

like she said its a juggling act.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lol @ the 2 player "spending spree".

F***ing exaggerating c***s.

TheHawk

Waterboy
Reaction score
People keep saying we are over the salary cap, its easy maths.
1. barba left last year, so all the money we had allocated to him has been freed up to pay other players upfront this year. eg morris etc - pay more this year and taper down in the following years which ends up the same.
2. we still have a lot of younger players that are on contract for 2-3k only

like she said its a juggling act.
2-3k? That's a load of crap mate. Minimum wage actually exists mate, no one in your top 25 is paid 2-3k.

TheHawk

Waterboy
Reaction score
Lol @ the 2 player "spending spree".

F***ing exaggerating c***s.
Well it is a spending spree when you sign two players, resign a further two for good coin.

The Ben Barba money argument is wrong too. Brisbane took over the contract he had for the Dogs and it was 300k a year. That doesn't free up a hell of a lot.

I'm not accusing the club of being over the cap, I just find the anger in this thread a little hypocritical.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2-3k? That's a load of crap mate. Minimum wage actually exists mate, no one in your top 25 is paid 2-3k.
Yep that's exactly right, the minimum wage for the top 25 is 80k. Outside of the top 25 there is a $440,000 cap. The holden cup has a cap of $250,000 for the top 20 players. No one is going to be on 2-3k

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well it is a spending spree when you sign two players, resign a further two for good coin.

The Ben Barba money argument is wrong too. Brisbane took over the contract he had for the Dogs and it was 300k a year. That doesn't free up a hell of a lot.

I'm not accusing the club of being over the cap, I just find the anger in this thread a little hypocritical.
When you have nothing to say or just hate a club you use the weak attack of the salary cap. Pretty lame.

TheHawk

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yep that's exactly right, the minimum wage for the top 25 is 80k i believe. Outside of the top 25 there is a $440,000 cap. The holden cup has a cap of $250,000 for the top 20 players. No one is going to be on 2-3k
Close mate, minimum for top 25 is 90k.

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The interweb's mad at, sorry "@", us so I'll use net speak to talk back. "U mad bro?" "H8r's gunna H8" [INSERT CURRENT FLAVOUR OF THE MONTH MEME HERE]

I like when people hate us and are angry that their sht club don't recruit high quality players and misdirect their anger. What?! Canterbury signed an international forward?! They're breaking the cap again! They did 9/11 and so on....

Suck it, fckrags.
If people are questioning us, must mean we're doing something right

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
seriously... how can these fools question our cap ffs are they retarded? I just can't comprehend their thinking!!

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
seriously... how can these fools question our cap ffs are they retarded? I just can't comprehend their thinking!!
because people always hate when a clubs signs players, roosters copped salary cap bs for years, broncos too

its utterly ridiculous to think any club would cheat the cap while making high profile signings from another club. us in 2002 and storm more recently were results of re-signing player and thats a whole easier to keep to your chest then say a fifita type signing

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DES must love having Raelene as the CEO , it seems she trusts him to get the goods whilst she just manages the wallet, only a woman can orchestrate a spending spree and still be 'within the budget'
On ya Ms Castle.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
DES must love having Raelene as the CEO , it seems she trusts him to get the goods whilst she just manages the wallet, only a woman can orchestrate a spending spree and still be 'within the budget'
On ya Ms Castle.
She seems to be holding the ship steady ok, great to hear of some classy signings to keep the Dogs at the top of the ladder for the forseeable future.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
they keep talking like the cap is fixed at a set amount which is false, the cap is liquid and can be shaped over a period of time with front loaded contracts, back ended contracts, 3rd party deals etc

For example we are using some of this years cap (think it was said barba's $400,00) for Fafita who is with us until next year...so there's $400,000 that wont be counted in next years cap

Status
Not open for further replies.