Bulldogs snare Brenko Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My concern is that we sign Lee as a replacement for Rona. We need to keep Rona.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des won't drop perret ,Rona is killing it at centre and Remis smith is a young star of the future where will he play ?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fullback?
Where too for hoppa ,interesting reading Paul dunns comments in Rlw about how he thinks hoppa is over rated and struggling and I tend to agree his form has been a bit average of late ,I actually think he would be a top centre but he'll have to bide his time till jmoz retires

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Where too for hoppa ,interesting reading Paul dunns comments in Rlw about how he thinks hoppa is over rated and struggling and I tend to agree his form has been a bit average of late ,I actually think he would be a top centre but he'll have to bide his time till jmoz retires
Journalist has no idea. Hoppa's only drawbacks are his limited ball playing (which is improving) and his pace trying to cover a speedster when he's the last defender (id prefer him to make a choice and take his man rather than getting caught in no mans land). These issues are made up for greatly with every other aspect of his game.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Journalist has no idea. Hoppa's only drawbacks are his limited ball playing (which is improving) and his pace trying to cover a speedster when he's the last defender (id prefer him to make a choice and take his man rather than getting caught in no mans land). These issues are made up for greatly with every other aspect of his game.
It wasn't a journalist it was Paul Dunn I think he has a fair bit of knowledge ,to be real hoppa hasn't been as good as he was at start of year ,a tad more pace would be good

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Raiders forum reporting brenko wont be playing first grade again. May mean a deal with another club is imminent

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
THE SURGING Bulldogs have nabbed the signature of one of the hottest young free agents on the open market in Raiders back Brenko Lee.

The hulking try-scorer has agreed to terms with the Bulldogs on a two-year deal commencing in 2017.

The 20-year-old has been superb for the Raiders when called upon this season but hasn’t been able to cement his position in the backline – which boasts the likes of Jordan Rapana, Joey Leilua, Jarrod Croker and his cousin Edrick.

Des Hasler has been tracking the progress of Lee for quite some time now and he personally met with the off-contract youngster numerous occasions over the past few months.

Canterbury’s decision to sign Lee could very well spell the end of Curtis Rona’s time at the club. Speculation is rife that Rona is close securing a move to Super Rugby franchise the Western Force.

The dynamic finisher is no stranger to the Western state having spent 12 years of his childhood living in Perth and was also a member of the Force’s academy side as a teenager. The 24-year-old’s wife Jacinta is also a Perth native.

The club is expected to announce the signing of Lee in the coming weeks.

Source: http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/bulld...d=755211381041983488&adbpl=tw&adbpr=236216311

Seriously if the club lets Rona go instead of Perret. I swear I will lose my shit. Letting go of a trying scoring ace over a guy who rushes out of his wing and rarely scores, will be a very fucked up decision IMO.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Isn't the money in super rugby nowadays inferior to what the NRL can offer. I can't believe that the force could table an offer greater than the dogs plus he will make the nzld side at end of year and World Cup around the corner???

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As I have said it will make me sick to the core if perret is kept and Rona is released.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Isn't the money in super rugby nowadays inferior to what the NRL can offer. I can't believe that the force could table an offer greater than the dogs plus he will make the nzld side at end of year and World Cup around the corner???
He wouldn't move there for the money... it is more to do with returning home. But he isn't leaving yet so nothing to worry about for now

Status
Not open for further replies.