Bulldogs snare Brenko Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Written by THE MOLE, June 19, 2016

After doing his apprenticeship in the lower grades in recent seasons, Brenko Lee is coming of age as an NRL player at the Raiders.

Lee’s off contract and his ability to play wing, fullback and centre has attracted interest from rival clubs – in particular the Bulldogs.

The 20-year-old is set to be attracting interest from other clubs but it’s the Bulldogs who have been keeping an eye on Lee’s progress.

The green machine will find it hard to retain the versatile youngster who may be tempted to move elsewhere if a better offer is on the table.

With the Raiders recently adding Junior Paulo and Joseph Tapine to their books on long-term deals and with a lack of first team of opportunity expect Lee to be on the move at season’s end.

Link: http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/bulldogs-turn-attention-raiders-lee/

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
According to the mole, Bulldogs chasing Brenko Lee for next season. Good young player

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might have been the plan all along. Last year we were linked with Lee, Liolevave and RFM. Two of those three are already at club, we just had to be patient.

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He would be a good addition,

Why not give semi the coin he deserves and get a player that can score trys at will and bust the game wide open nearly every week.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Might just be me, but I seriously don't rate the guy. Plus we have nowhere to put him unless we are releasing/retiring a Morris.

Evey game I've seen him play he can't hold a ball.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In the last three years since he re-signed with Canberra he has had a handful of games in first grade. Admittedly he is only 20 ( turns 21 at end of year) and has represented Qld U20's. Has played intrust for Mounties as well. Few articles around saying that as far back as three months ago he was actually playing for a contract for next year. Do the Raiders want him?

https://www.totalfootystats.com.au/nrl-player-stats/canberra-raiders/brenko-lee#.V2YylZBf2M8

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
In the last three years since he re-signed with Canberra he has had a handful of games in first grade. Admittedly he is only 20 ( turns 21 at end of year) and has represented Qld U20's. Has played intrust for Mounties as well. Few articles around saying that as far back as three months ago he was actually playing for a contract for next year. Do the Raiders want him?

https://www.totalfootystats.com.au/nrl-player-stats/canberra-raiders/brenko-lee#.V2YylZBf2M8
Raiders want to retain Edrick (cousin of Brenko), so might find themselves having to retain Brenko to keep Edrick.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Raiders want to retain Edrick (cousin of Brenko), so might find themselves having to retain Brenko to keep Edrick.
That seems to happen a lot. I know we signed Sam P to get Lloyd and the two Clarke brothers to get the younger one.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That seems to happen a lot. I know we signed Sam P to get Lloyd and the two Clarke brothers to get the younger one.
I don't think their familial relationship matters in this case. I'm sure a younger brother has been signed in the past because they want to play together. Also it helps them settle faster if family is around. But I wouldn't re-sign both players already at the club if I only wanted one. Brenko would also see that his path to first grade is blocked if he wants to play as a centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.