News Bulldogs skipper left ‘embarrassed’ and admits rebuild won’t happen overnight

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This!

A settler (1) can be and is effective if does right. It needs to be done with force followed by a quick play the ball or offload. With the playmakers ready to capitalise on the retreating defence. And the rest of the team on the front foot ready to roll.

We play 4 settlers and barge over attempts every time we have the ball in the attacking 20. All of them are slow play the balls. Whenever an offload comes nobody is ready for it and all standing flat footed.

It all starts on the training paddock. Surely they don’t train with settlers [emoji848]
Melbourne did this and cut our left edge to bits.

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is what happens when you get a Lebanese builder off the Facebook market

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you Graham Annesley? Because every other footy expert under the sun seems to believe it was an obstruction. It was clear cut. No way was it a fair try.

If a similar decision went in our favour, I'd go buy a lotto ticket, and wonder who it was that spiked the video ref's drinking water.
Me and Gus

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What the hell is he on about... trying to score off every play lol? It looked the complete opposite.... time to go to England Josh.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Helping the people trying to fuck you up is a great idea.
Yea lets do that.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Me and Gus
Yeah, but Gus has always been a fan of interpreting rules as he feels they should be interpreted, and not the way they frequently are interpreted. It probably shouldn't be an obstruction, but according to the way refs have been interpreting the obstruction for many years now, it should have been a clear cut penalty.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, but Gus has always been a fan of interpreting rules as he feels they should be interpreted, and not the way they frequently are interpreted. It probably shouldn't be an obstruction, but according to the way refs have been interpreting the obstruction for many years now, it should have been a clear cut penalty.
I've never said that refs don't get these wrong, they are hopeless at getting obstruction calls consistent. I'm saying that this particular call should be a try every time, no matter which team scores it.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"Trying to score off every play"...um since when? Lol

Looks like we have one shot every set to me, maybe two at a stretch.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I've never said that refs don't get these wrong, they are hopeless at getting obstruction calls consistent. I'm saying that this particular call should be a try every time, no matter which team scores it.
But the way they have been calling it for the past however many years is what makes it a dud call. Nobody would be complaining if refs hadn't been routinely calling it an obstruction for such a long time (well, to be fair, many fans probably would.....but commentators and journos certainly wouldn't be). The interpretation of this particular rule has actually been pretty consistent....until a few weeks ago. That's a dud call.

I agree in a perfect world it shouldn't be an obstruction, but same rules for everybody.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Go and get fucked with your excuses. It’s all Barrett and Furner not being competent. Seriously if you give Bellamy or Bennett the team we’ve given Barrett we are top 8 for sure. This club is the blind leading the blind.
Glad someone finally said this. 100% agree.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s a load of shit they are not trying to score of every play... the amount of settlers they take is disgusting!
Couldnt agree more. The barge over attempts was something you see from u12 Polynesian players that weigh 37kg more than the other kids. Was ridiculous. We actually are the laughing stick of the NRL due to our piss poor coaching. We have no shape, structure, leadership and no clue.