News Bulldogs skipper Josh Jackon poised to sign a contract that will make him a club legend

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Tolman still a co-captain? he seems to be the more dominant voice of the two when it comes to dealing with the referees and all that jazz

if he's not, it would suggest he has a bit of leeway with them, given that they won't even allow some players who aren't captain to speak to them consistently
Could be right as Jackson never or can’t overcall his constant call for the ball on the 4th inside the oppositions 20.

Either that or it’s Pays tactic which after the first pathetic attempt any coach would have stopped but he did under Hasler also so any decent captain would overcall but Jackson doesn’t, shits me as this is a teams best opportunity to put on the play it’s been pratactising at training. Maybe we are!

P.S. co-captains is bullshit there can only be one leader on the field.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cameron Smith plays the game with the refs to perfection, I just want someone to play the same game with the refs as their only human and any captain’s comments remain in their sub conscious plus to give your team a rest when under the pump defending our line. It’s no different to faking an injury to get the clock stopped and obtaining your team a breather or playing the ball slowly with only seconds left on the clock and your team’s winning.
I dont think the refs give a shit about what our Captain thinks, hes not Cameron Smith. I have never seen a ref reverse a decision because a Captain has approached him/her!!:sleepy:. I know what you're saying in regards to your sub conscious point. Ive heard commentators talking about it during games. I just dont think mind games or planting a seed so to speak should be a tactic of our Captain. Why has the game come to this, fucks sake. Id prefer our Captain not to be a whiney bitch or dickhead like Ennis used to be. I also think that with the billions of stoppages in todays game, the players dont need a rest. If they need a breather then maybe there fitness needs attention:o.
We should be smashing the opposition anyways.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually liked Ennis & Graham as captains.

I wish Jackson had a bit of their whining and bitchiness when it comes to referees.

Ennis 1.jpg Graham.jpg

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I wish Jackson had a bit of their whining and bitchiness when it comes to referees.

View attachment 12342 View attachment 12343
Agree with Ennis he had rat like cunning similar to Cameron Smith but Graham was terrible with the refs he would just lose his shit and get no where with them then he became a pussy cat after Good Friday and was more focused on not pointing his finger then anything else.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

View attachment 12342 View attachment 12343

That's another reason why I am a fan of Tolman.. He is at the refs a lot more than Jacko, even if he is not currently co-captain... but Jacko leads with actions (besides a slow start to the season) so I am happy that we have both of them as leaders of the team because you look at some teams and you don't even know who their captain is

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reliable as a claw hammer, would like to see him play SOO again, still a rep player in my eyes, does need to challenge the refs a bit more, big year for the dogs coming up after a steep learning curve.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reliable as a claw hammer, would like to see him play SOO again, still a rep player in my eyes, does need to challenge the refs a bit more, big year for the dogs coming up after a steep learning curve.
He is a gun, its a shame he had to carry us for a while and it effected his performances. I would like see Tolman captain to be honest and let Jacko just get on with his game as he leads best by example and not so much with the refs.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He is a gun, its a shame he had to carry us for a while and it effected his performances. I would like see Tolman captain to be honest and let Jacko just get on with his game as he leads best by example and not so much with the refs.
Tolman should have been made captain when Graham left. Jacko was too young and as has been said his performance suffered with the added responsibility sadly and ended his Rep duties.
Having said that, I am predicting a big year for him in 2020 as he matured a lot this season and with "the worst" seemingly behind us, a good club spirit building, positive attitude returning and soon to be announced signing on as a Dog4Life I think he will start standing up as a true Bulldogs Captain.